Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 10:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taken movie

I recently watched Taken (the movie with the ex-CIA guy who's daughter gets kidnapped) and was wondering what style was the guy using. There are a lot of fight scenes in the movie and his moves seemed to be pretty consistent. Was it Hollywood Bullshido or some legitimate style? I remember he kept kicking the feet from under the guys he was fighting. Anyone seen the movie and recognized the style?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 11:21pm

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'I was a boxer for 6 or 7 years,' says Liam, 'Never once did I get into a street fight, a school fight, because the discipline of learning how to box seemed to negate any kind of physical acts of violence I may have felt. And any martial arts people I've worked with they will always say check where the door is,' he continues 'And if something starts, leave.'
    In Taken, the fight scenes are intense, and demanding on Liam. We asked him about his training for the film. 'I had a great fight coordinator,' he says, 'and the style of fighting is called Kapour, and it's an amalgam of various martial arts styles. I learned a very, very basic set of moves and then after the fights were choreographed it was just a matter of rehearsing them and rehearsing them until they became second nature to us when we shot them.'

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/...79&wordcount=0

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 11:40pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHatley View Post
    'I was a boxer for 6 or 7 years,' says Liam, 'Never once did I get into a street fight, a school fight, because the discipline of learning how to box seemed to negate any kind of physical acts of violence I may have felt. And any martial arts people I've worked with they will always say check where the door is,' he continues 'And if something starts, leave.'
    In Taken, the fight scenes are intense, and demanding on Liam. We asked him about his training for the film. 'I had a great fight coordinator,' he says, 'and the style of fighting is called Kapour, and it's an amalgam of various martial arts styles. I learned a very, very basic set of moves and then after the fights were choreographed it was just a matter of rehearsing them and rehearsing them until they became second nature to us when we shot them.'

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/...79&wordcount=0
    I can't fined anything on kapour, perhaps it is lies?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 11:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a Vikram Kapoor, who is a Krav instructor in India but that's all I could find.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    There is a Vikram Kapoor, who is a Krav instructor in India but that's all I could find.
    I also saw that, google seems to think its not a word and suggests Kapoor, I bet it isn't, maybe they mean Krav Maga, which according to the ex IDF guy i know is often just crummy MT, so its MT, hurray, lets just pretend its MT

this is pretty much every-fight in the movie, and its like 1:30 because it has some motherfucking past fight scenes

YouTube - Taken- Liam Neeson Fight Scenes

I would say its basically, JKD or maybe even JJJ, with guns.

Actually, I would say its MT with Guns, that would probably look the same.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:28am

Style: GJJ, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that was just a quick search I did. No real idea about kapour on my end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:37am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Former Special Air Service (SAS) soldier Mick Gould trained Liam Neeson in combatives and weapons handling skills to prepare him for the role.
    The martial art style used by Liam Neeson is Nagasu Do. It's a hybrid martial art style that borrows from Judo, Aikido and Ju Jitsu.
    Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/trivia
    Last edited by MastaFighta; 11/03/2009 12:41am at .

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaFighta View Post
    that explains why it looks like JJJ and RBSD mixed and some how working really really well (I suppose JJJ would kick ass if you did it alive, and killed people all the time with it)

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 6:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to me it just looks like what anyone trained in a combat sport would digress to when they get the arsehole about something.. with added guns

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 6:36am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    to me it just looks like what anyone trained in a combat sport would digress to when they get the arsehole about something.. with added guns
    * shrugs * Yeah I guess ... but god damn the same knife hand chop over and over and over again ?

Knife hand to the neck , knee to the balls , knife hand to the neck knee in the balls , ridge hand hand to the ear , knee to the balls , knife hand to the neck ...

thats like half the movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast