Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2002 2:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When is the world ever going to finally see an ordinary boxer against a TKD dude? Wouldn't this be the greatest matchup between strikers? With no ground grappling allowed.

BTw, I just saw the mp on the TKD kid against the muay thai fighter. That was a riot.
  2. Michael

Posted On:
    11/06/2002 3:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell no, on the average most TKD guys would get there butt kicked. This would be completely biased to the boxer because most boxer's whine about rules and such..."he's not allowed to kick me here, he's not allowed to do that", I'm speaking from experiance here. Then when you do what and when you want it they stick you in this dinky ring with ropes to get in the way of your kicking.....Then they make you where all this bulky gear....

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.

Posted On:
    11/06/2002 7:52am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh i am a boxer and beat the **** out of my TKD friend and he is really good at TKD i mean really, Sorry most striking Arts cant conpete with Boxing.

Shawn
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
  4. Michael

Posted On:
    11/06/2002 7:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll **** up most boxers if they allowed me to kick....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...and didn't give me a bunch a rules........haaarrrrrrrr....your friends a ***** and I wipe my ass with his TKD....bwhahahhaahahhhaa<<<&a mp;lt;too much dayquil here guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2002 7:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd use my devastating chi-directed Shaolin tiger strike to defeat him. LOL>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2002 12:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh i am a boxer and beat the **** out of my TKD friend and he is really good at TKD i mean really, Sorry most striking Arts cant conpete with Boxing.

Shawn
    I posted in another thread about the mixed match in '87 between boxer Art Jimmerson and kickboxer Don Wilson. Wilson kicked the crap out of the boxer in a few rounds. (they allowed leg kicks) Granted the boxer wasn't a world champ. But at the end of the match, Wilson publicly challenged Thomas Hearns, the then boxing world lighthvy champ. Anyway, the video is available in vhs format at donthedragonwilson.com.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/07/2002 12:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD guys don't train for continous, unbroken (by refs) fights, full contact, and PUNCHES TO THE HEAD, AND ALL STRIKES TO DO DAMAGE! POINT!!! *Shoves them apart

Boxers have to handle guys coming at them and not stopping, and hitting to hurt. The Boxer should just rush in and throw combos. Being too close makes kicks suck. Teach one how to block kicks and the beating would be even more humiliating.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/07/2002 2:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they'd never cross trained then the TKD guy's gonna have a better chance. The boxer's arsenal is too limited. But it would just take a short period of adjustment for the boxer to start to seriously pound on most any stand up fighters.

Baxer's don't need to learn to kick. They just need to learn how to deal with them. Learn how to pick up the legs to defend against low kicks and they're set to go.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

9. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/07/2002 4:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are targets below the belt allowed? .. allowing a guy to use high kicks is one thing but most kicks are designed to attack low targets like the balls, the knees and the abdoman ..

A boxer might be able to take a kick to the shoulder as easily as a punch to the shoulder .. but kick him in the balls 8 to 10 times and he isn't going to be bobbing and weaving so much.

That being said I have a lot of respect for boxing. Fighting just doesn't look like that though .. not when you have to guard your low targets from kicks and grappling.
  10. Michael

Posted On:
    11/07/2002 5:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** boxers, I wear boxers, boxers work for fed ex and ups....brrrrrrrp

Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast