Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: ranger poser

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he sounds like he would try anything, but watch your six anyhow.

    As for the job, you know what you did. Even though he cocked at you, you blew up the spot and made a scene.

    I think you'd be hard pressed to find an employer these days who wouldn't can you for that.

    Chalk it up in the L column and move on.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    I don't think he sounds like he would try anything, but watch your six anyhow.

    As for the job, you know what you did. Even though he cocked at you, you blew up the spot and made a scene.

    I think you'd be hard pressed to find an employer these days who wouldn't can you for that.

    Chalk it up in the L column and move on.
    yeah i should have kept my cool, but that job sucked and ive been looking for another dead end job for awhile to hold me until i finish school. i still dont regret anything that i did, it actually felt pretty good to release that energy.:pottytrai moving on.

  3. #13
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,747
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the job wasn't worth keeping to begin with, I'd agree with ronin...just drive on. People like that end up becoming victims of their own stupidity.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:



  4. #14
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    632
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure that you go back to your place of employment and tell the boss that the kid made a threat and took a hostile, fighting stance towards you and you feared that he would assault you.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Make sure that you go back to your place of employment and tell the boss that the kid made a threat and took a hostile, fighting stance towards you and you feared that he would assault you.
    i dont think it would matter. its easier for them to replace me than spend time figuring things out. thats why it was a shitty dead end job.

  6. #16
    M1K3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,363
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbychaser View Post
    i dont think it would matter. its easier for them to replace me than spend time figuring things out. thats why it was a shitty dead end job.
    He's telling you to do this so you can cover your ass legally. You could face criminal or civil charges based on you little escapade.

    So I would strongly recommend doing what he says.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    He's telling you to do this so you can cover your ass legally. You could face criminal or civil charges based on you little escapade.

    So I would strongly recommend doing what he says.
    really? even though noone was harmed and no property was damaged. what could i be charged with for pushing him and shouting in is face, emotional trauma? its been almost a week and i haven't heard anything.

  8. #18
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,747
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbychaser View Post
    really? even though noone was harmed and no property was damaged. what could i be charged with for pushing him and shouting in is face, emotional trauma? its been almost a week and i haven't heard anything.
    Look up your state's definition of Assault. The simple act of threatening violence against another person usually meets that criteria. A shove can be construed as assault...in some states, battery.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:



  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. The kid could have the flimsiest case in history, but if you treat this like it's no big deal and not show up to court ready to rock, he's going to win, and then you're life's going to suck even more.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    Yeah. The kid could have the flimsiest case in history, but if you treat this like it's no big deal and not show up to court ready to rock, he's going to win, and then you're life's going to suck even more.
    there were no police reports taken as far as i know of. i dont believe they were involved because i havent been contacted by the police concerning this. i am fairly certain its over with. no harm was done and no police reports were made at the time. should i file a report with the local pd explaining what happened just in case he tries to sue me, or would this action be likely to drag this bullshit out?

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO