Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 4:28am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I loved Fedor's explanation of how he won. 'I noticed he splayed his feet too wide sometimes when he punched so I just waited for him to do it.' Watch the replay and yep, sure enough, the second his footwork got sloppy he went to sleep.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 5:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props to Rogers, the guy has a future. He managed to not get murdered on the ground or standing against the top HW in the world. It's verification of your skills when you make Fedor sweat before he crushes you.

Conversely, Fedor did not likee the cage. Sure, he wrestled out of all pins eventually, but If Rogers can stick him against the fence like that, imagine what Couture or Lesnar might be able to. Rogers fought a good fight with a good gameplan, Fedor is just more Fedory than him.

Great fight. I now hope for Barnett to magically be cleared of all roiding charges so I can enjoy seeing Fedor murder him too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 6:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    best event i've seen for some time.

my girlfriend and i leapt off the couch while watching fedor vs rogers.

i got worried when it seems like fedor's face had been busted from one jab. after that it was classic fedor.

i was also concerned when rogers was in fedor's guard and had him against the fence. the punches were coming hard, and his head was bouncing up and down. then there was an armbar attempt, almost a carbon copy of his fight with coleman.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 7:21am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears Fedor will transition from ring to cage very nicely though. That was a classic Fedor fight man. Loved it.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 7:44am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah my man crush on Fedor has returned.

Rogers is a big powerful guy with good standup, however he started to gas towards the end of the first round, I'm not sure that he's got the cardio to make it aginst the top level guys.

Another typical Fedor finish

Also Congrats to David Haye for taking out the 7'3 Valuev. He'll be the undesputed HW boxing champ within two years.(taking out both Klitchko's).Mark my words..
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 11/08/2009 7:52am at .

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 7:56am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me or did they just call Gegard Gayhard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 8:14am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a good fight card and the main event did not disappoint. It was interesting to see Fedor's reaction after his nose was broken and how Rogers pushed the issue even getting some mean ground and pound going on when in Fedor's guard. However, in the end Fedor did what he does best and laid the big guy out! I would have liked to see at least two more punches though before the reffed stopped the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 8:19am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    2 quick items.

1. Rodgers had his hands at his tits and knocked out for it. The end.

2. Was I the only one yelling "TWISTER!!!" at the screen during round 2 of the Shields fight. My friends were looking at me funny.
    Yes I was sitting their explaining it to my wife and yelling at the screen when he gave it up!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAP View Post
    Yes I was sitting their explaining it to my wife and yelling at the screen when he gave it up!

I was doing the same thing. I was yelling he gonna get a f-ing twister!!! And only the guy that I roll with knew what I was talking about!! Pretty funny.

So I thought that Fedor was typical awesome. I think his timing is his winning factor. When he knocks people out, you always see him move in and throw that russian hook, then duck the punch that is always about a second behind his punch. He is awesome! And makes it look like a jog around the park.

I hated the Jake Sheilds and Miller fight! It easily went to Sheilds, no doubt. But I just wished there was more to the fight then getting wrestled and controlled. Granted, Miller is really good at defending and escaping. But ****, I just wanted to see a little bit of stand up from Sheilds.

All in all Great Fight card! Can't wait for the next one!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 9:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornsceptic View Post
    I loved Fedor's explanation of how he won. 'I noticed he splayed his feet too wide sometimes when he punched so I just waited for him to do it.' Watch the replay and yep, sure enough, the second his footwork got sloppy he went to sleep.
    Yep. He widens his stance to swing with power and leaves his chin open...Goodnight!
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast