Page 8 of 20 First ... 45678910111218 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meson View Post
    Was it just me, or did the general production remind anyone more of normal televised sports? (compared to a UFC)
    Yeah, strikeforce 'tries to hard', as they say. With the suits and the fifteen minutes of commercials between the third fight and the main event.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great fight. Rogers did a great job. I wouldn't have expected anybody to take a loss so hard against Fedor, though. Considering Fedor's record, he should have known for sure the odds were against him. I wouldn't be surprised if next time Rogers beat him, though. He's got a hell of a punch.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Great fight. Rogers did a great job. I wouldn't have expected anybody to take a loss so hard against Fedor, though. Considering Fedor's record, he should have known for sure the odds were against him. I wouldn't be surprised if next time Rogers beat him, though. He's got a hell of a punch.
    I was almost glad to see Fedor get cut. That kind of wakeup call can never hurt. That said, Rogers looks like he could clean out a lot of the UFC heavyweight division.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    Damn, I was rooting hard for Shields to go to sleep from that RNC. I don't dislike Shields, I just love Mayhem. I do think Jake got exposed a little tonight. Yeah, he won, but he showed he's definitely weak on the feet, his jits is not bullet-proof, and he can be out-wrestled.

I thought the fights were great overall. All the fights that were supposed to be blowouts had a little bit of intrigue in them at least. Sokoudju showing some good judo against Mousasi, Rogers cutting (and possibly breaking) Fedor's nose with a JAB, and even Bigfoot looked impressive.

I was upset with some of the production quality. I missed Miller's suplex on Shields, but I did get a nice view of Big John's ass in the way. I think Shamrock called Sokoudju "Sujoku" about 8 billion times. He's not a Japanese number puzzle. Gus Johnson is just terrible in the post-fight interviews and Mauro is just ridiculous. Fedor is the "Gary Kasparov" of MMA. Do you think people watching free MMA on CBS know who the **** Gary Kasparov is?

Makes me long for Rogan and Goldie.

But, it was free, the fights were as good or better than any UFC card I've seen in a while and, it was free.
    Last edited by Ka-Bar; 11/08/2009 1:53am at .

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was really impressed with the grappling in the in the Silva/Werdum fight. And did anyone else see that crazy leg trip thing Mousasi did on Sokoudjou at the end of the first round.

P.S. I think if he gets two more Strikeforce wins Sokoudjou should get an official title shot

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope Dana was watching. That was a better free card than what he's given me on PPV for quite a while, and two heavyweight fights that beat anything he can put on right now. Really really good card.

But god I miss Rogan. Can't believe I'm saying it. But the commentators on strikeforce suck that bad.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogan's fine as a commentator, it's just Goldberg that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Spoiler:
    Fights were great. Miller's got some serious jits that I never knew about. Rogers is a BEAST. I can't see anyone else beating this guy but Fedor.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I just hope Dana was watching. That was a better free card than what he's given me on PPV for quite a while, and two heavyweight fights that beat anything he can put on right now. Really really good card.
    It will be interesting to see the audience #'s for this thing when they come out. Competition in the MMA world can only be a good thing for both the viewers and the fighters.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incredibly solid card. The least exciting fight in my eyes was Miller/Shields. I suppose the outcome was somewhat predictable, though for some reason I was under the impression that Shields magically learned to finish after the Lawler fight.

Soko/hardgay was awesome. For once, Soko's judo was on display, and it definitely gave hardgay some trouble.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was an entertaining fight.

Rogers impressed me but I still see the Fedor as unbeatable(not the time yet).Unlike machida.(i still believe he is very good, but i have to see his next match to see if he improved after shogun or not)

Congrats to Fedor

Page 8 of 20 First ... 45678910111218 ... Last