Sponsored Links Spacer Image

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 2:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor was way off balance, he might've fallen over if he didn't catch himself on Rogers' jaw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 3:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybren View Post
    How long was miller holding that choke without shields tapping?
    not long, he was struggling for position for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic View Post
    Fedor playing possum.
    not really, he took some legit shots. he apparently has the focus of a serial killer to be able to analyze his opponents (or listen to his corner in between rounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    People are making a bit too much of the Rogers having a full time job thing
    is that even possible?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 6:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogers did better than I expected, but not that well. Fedor may have bled a lot, but he still nearly finished Roger's twice in the first round and was hit three or four times cleanly at most. Looked to me a bit like Fedor overcommitted on the kimura because he feared a cut-stoppage.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 6:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Looked to me a bit like Fedor overcommitted on the kimura because he feared a cut-stoppage.
    he definitely overcommitted on that. a little over zealous in getting the job done there. i agree that it was because concern for a cut stoppage, but possibly also because it pissed him off a little.

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 7:10am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strikeforce put on 3 guys in one night who wouldn't look out of place fighting for a UFC title at the least in Fedor, Moussasi and Shields. Gotta be happy with that.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 9:13am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornsceptic View Post
    Strikeforce put on 3 guys in one night who wouldn't look out of place fighting for a UFC title at the least in Fedor, Moussasi and Shields. Gotta be happy with that.
    You think Shields wouldn't look out of place fighting either Anderson Silva or GSP?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 9:37am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was at a sports bar in Austin watching college football when they turned on the Miller/Shields fight. It was during Mayhem's walk out. The group I was with did not have any fight fans, so they all asked if it was WWF.

I replied that I believe it was actually the old WCW set they were using.

I also had told them that the cut on Fedors nose was not going to stop him at all, and it was more likely hydraulic fluid not blood.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Rogers did better than I expected, but not that well. Fedor may have bled a lot, but he still nearly finished Roger's twice in the first round and was hit three or four times cleanly at most. Looked to me a bit like Fedor overcommitted on the kimura because he feared a cut-stoppage.
    I agree that Rogers did better than expected but in the end not that good. Rogers was almost finished several times, in several ways. That said he did land a good couple of punches from Fedor's guard that had me surprised.

Frankly, despite some comments to the contrary, the cage did change things for Fedor from the bottom. He would have had that armbar in a ring. I'm sure he recognizes that though.

It's funny, on sherdog some gave the first round to Rogers. Rogers had the jab and a handful of punches but it seemed like that was about it.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 10:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    You think Shields wouldn't look out of place fighting either Anderson Silva or GSP?
    In an 8 year career Miller has only been stopped twice. GSP did not finish Miller. Miller spent time on the ground (a fair amount I think) with Jacare and was not submitted.

Frankly it would have been ludicrous to assume that Shields would finish Miller. What Shields did do was display very good grappling against a very good, and underrated, opponent who hasn't been submitted since three years before you even joined bullshido.

It is kind of funny that people are talking about Daley as some legitimate threat in the UFC but Shields submitted him with a one-arm mounted guillotine. I didn't even know you could do that choke but now mix it in. He also submitted Lawler, quickly, who many were contending would do well at 185 in the UFC (which I would disagree with).

Shields would be a long-shot to win a belt in the UFC but he would definitely be able to hang with the contenders for the 170 belt. But then again who in the hell has a chance at either the 170 or 185 belts in the UFC? Certainly no one in the UFC.

Posted On:
    11/09/2009 10:18am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornsceptic View Post
    True, although Shields stand up is pretty weak he does know how to win a fight.

I still think Dream is a much better promotion though, they've just gotta learn to keep hold of their fighters.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast