Sponsored Links Spacer Image

poser

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 12:24pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    I watched the Showtime "360" program leading up to this fight and both Rogers and Fedor came off as really cool respectful people. Then at the end of the fight Rogers acted like a douche IMO. What happened to being humble in defeat? You want a rematch? Fine, but don't be a dick about it. Admit you got caught, admit to what mistakes you made and humbly accept the opportunity to fight him again in the future, but don't act like he didn't beat you.

Maybe I'm wrong but Rogers talked liked Fedor didn't beat him but instead that he beat himself which is bullshit.

That being said I think Rogers put in a good showing against Fedor and outside of losing shouldn't be upset with his performance.
    Personally I can understand his frustration, and I'm sure he isn't as pissed today about it as he was in the post-fight interview. It's like a runner's high but for when you lose.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only reason why Fedor got cut was because the skin-like covering of his metal endoskeleton needs to be renewed.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 11/08/2009 1:02pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 12:39pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great fights overall. The worst one was Shields vs Miller. Couldn't believe that was an effing titlebout.

Rogers put up a really good fight and doesn't have anything to be ashamed of. He made Fedor look mortal on several occasions during the bout.

I liked the whole Pretty Boy vs Ugly Mofo-setup in the Silva vs Verdum-fight. I think Bigfoots looks can best be described as "Quasimodoesque". It made me kinda root for him in the fight. Too bad he didn't win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 1:01pm

Style: San Shou, MT, & No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the whole event was great except for the cancellation of Mark Miller's fight (they told him and his opponent their fights were canceled right before they went out :P ).

I actually liked the Jake Shields vs Miller fight. Though i was king of annoyed how Miller got the RNC on him (and it was deep) and they pulled him off because the round ended, that was EXTREMELY lucky for Shields.

The Rogers vs Fedor fight was pretty awesome too. When they kept showing replays of that fight ending punch, you could really see how hard Rogers got rocked, Fedor really has some heavy hands O_O

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 1:05pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    But it is becoming pretty clear to me that Champion in any other org = Journeyman in the UFC. It's enough to even make me wonder even how Fredo would fare...
    That's fine for Shields, Strikeforce is the "minor leagues" for the most part. But Fedor was heavyweight champ in Pride when the UFC was bankrupt and fighting in high school gyms. Not quite the same thing.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 2:16pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiningwolf View Post
    I actually liked the Jake Shields vs Miller fight. Though i was king of annoyed how Miller got the RNC on him (and it was deep) and they pulled him off because the round ended, that was EXTREMELY lucky for Shields.
    Just a thought here, and I'm not sure how it would be implemented in practice. I'm thinking a new rule could be introduced to address this. If the round ends in the middle of a submission attempt, the opponent must escape the attempt by himself or else submit. The round officially ends once the sub is successfully escaped from. This way fighters don't get saved by the bell.

The big problem of course is when you've got a grappler who can string submissions together so escaping from one leads to another.

Hell I don't know. :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 2:47pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Just a thought here, and I'm not sure how it would be implemented in practice. I'm thinking a new rule could be introduced to address this. If the round ends in the middle of a submission attempt, the opponent must escape the attempt by himself or else submit. The round officially ends once the sub is successfully escaped from. This way fighters don't get saved by the bell.

The big problem of course is when you've got a grappler who can string submissions together so escaping from one leads to another.

Hell I don't know. :P
    How long was miller holding that choke without shields tapping? At a certain point if you're holding someone for twenty to thirty seconds and can't get them to tap i don't think it's unfair to end the round. Not that it lasted that long or that knowing the rounds ending soon won't help you to fight it.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but then you also have situations when a fighter is rocked and gets saved by the bell.

Fedor was good.That punch was brutal, Fedor can really expose his opponents weak spots.I'm kinda having doubts about Fedor wining against Overeem.

Mousasi is a force at LHW.Props to Sokodjou for showcasing his Judo.

I have yet to watch Big Foot vs Werdum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 2:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    2 quick items.

1. Rodgers had his hands at his tits and knocked out for it. The end.

2. Was I the only one yelling "TWISTER!!!" at the screen during round 2 of the Shields fight. My friends were looking at me funny.
    one of my buddies was yelling it too, even mentioned shayna bazler. shields had more to gain from the title anyway, seeing as how miller likes fighting in japan, and strikeforce has a hard time getting champions to defend.

i was really excited forthe mousasi/sok fight. (i think his name can be pronounced as either "geh-guard" or "geh-hard", but gay-anything is just wrong.) my buddy said that he was hoping sok would win because mousasi doesn't have a legit contender at 205, and the judo hips/base on display was amazing, especially when one of mousasi's takedowns was reversed. that made mousasi look kinda bad, and he trains with world class judokas.

on fedor/rogers - an epiphany struck me: if rogers can remain undefeated while holding down a full time job changing tires and fulfilling family obligations, can you imagine what he can do if he got the sponsorship money to train full time? his stock skyrocketed because of that fight.

Posted On:
    11/08/2009 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Overeem? I personally thought the big hamfists of Rogers might have been too much for Fedor, but Overeem? What exactly does he bring to the table that Fedor hasn't faced a hundred times before and crushed mercilessly?
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast