Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 5:47pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Honesty, I was rooting for Bisping to lose. Even since the "fixed decision" over Hamill in the first British Show in order to promote the sport over there I disliked that UFC clings to the balls of such of mediocre fighter. If all goes well maybe Bisping will be ditched for Dan Hardy who is a much better fighter.
    A dodgy desicion is hardly his fault though. And like he said post fight, he's never turned an opponent down. If there has been a case of giving him easy fights then it's not his doing. I don't think Rashad Evans, Hendo, Dennis Kang or Matt Hamill are easy fights though, and the only time he's ever been completely out of his depth was against Hendo, and how many people in the division could say they would do any better? Bisping is vastly under-rated by a lot of people on here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Bisping is underrated too...guy always seems to find a way to win when people think he's done.
    You guys over there in 'splendid isolation' sure are touchy about your fighters lol:new_rainf
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 6:47pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really want to like Bisping and his respectfulness last night won me over a little. In regards to the Hamill fight though, it wasn't the decision, it was the way Bisping acted like he whupped Hamill's ass when you could see at the end he looked like he had lost. That was douchey of him.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 7:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    On second thoughts it wasn't a bad card, It's hard to follow that last Strikeforce card though.
    Thing is, the UFC is following with four cards by the time Strikeforce gets another one out of the chamber (not counting ShoMMA, 'cause, damn).

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edit/; brb

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm almost ready to figure Bisping just has a real blind spot for Hamill. I don't know what it is about Hamill that he hates with such blind fury, but he can't hide it. It never made much sense to me.

But if you take out his treatment of Hamill . . . . and his tendency to be a mouthy prick as a coach on TUF . . . . he's not such a bad guy. It's hard to form a good opinion of a man from a few edited sound bites.

I thought he struck the right tone after the Kang fight, though. That was good to see.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 11:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the Bisping/Kang fight showed a weakness in a pure BJJ mentality when it comes to ground fighting in MMA.

When Kang was on top of Bisping he was primarily concerned with passing the guard. He never made an attempt for GnP as he was constantly in a strugle to get out from between Bisping's legs. It made for some great grappling and won him a round, but in the end he didn't do any damage to Bisping.

When Bisping was on top of Kang, he decided to forget all that fancy technique stuff and dropped leather on Kang, guard or not. Sure, Kang was able to escape but he took a beating from it, and eventually lost the fight from all the damage he was taking.

If maybe Kang had concentrated on winning an MMA fight instead of a jui-jitsu fight in the first round, he could have won.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:56am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    I thought the Bisping/Kang fight showed a weakness in a pure BJJ mentality when it comes to ground fighting in MMA.

When Kang was on top of Bisping he was primarily concerned with passing the guard. He never made an attempt for GnP as he was constantly in a strugle to get out from between Bisping's legs. It made for some great grappling and won him a round, but in the end he didn't do any damage to Bisping.

When Bisping was on top of Kang, he decided to forget all that fancy technique stuff and dropped leather on Kang, guard or not. Sure, Kang was able to escape but he took a beating from it, and eventually lost the fight from all the damage he was taking.

If maybe Kang had concentrated on winning an MMA fight instead of a jui-jitsu fight in the first round, he could have won.
    I logged on and started reading the posts and had intended to write exactly the same as you have above, so with nothing new to add other than agreeing with you here are a few spam gifs
    :XXspam::XXspam::XXspam::XXspam::XXspam::XXspam:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double Ditto, I am not a big fan of JJ but I may be turning after these past fights.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 3:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is JJ?

And if Kang had concentrated on winning an MMA fight, Bisping would've just kept throwing up armbars and would've caught him eventually.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast