Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 12:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, Even though Couture Had Vera pinned against the fence most of the fight, i still Love seeing Veras Muay Thai, he had a few Awesome knees, and some awesome Bodykicks, Man I wish he could have separated alittle more!!!

Oh, Does anyone have Vid of the Maulers fight??!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boring fight..I love Randy, but I still think he should have hung em up after his loss to Lesnar.
    Nothing bothers me more than seeing a legend stay around too long and diminish his standing as a great fighter. I don't care that he won this one..Randy will not win another title and his victories will have to be grinders in which his technical skills and experience give him the edge..any more slug fests and he will lose.
    Sorry, I know people don't want to hear that.But I've been watching sport fighting of various kinds for a long time and seen far too many fighters embarass themselves because they took a few more matches than they should have.
    The Boxing matchthat was on last night was a hell of a lot more exciting than this fight was.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 1:44pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No robbery, but I honestly thought that Vera took it with the takedown at the end of the third.

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 1:54pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He landed more power shots, got a takedown, and basically made randy's offense ineffective. He could have pulled the trigger several times. Where the **** is his killer instinct gone?

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 2:50pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy needs to hang it up and try to get as many roles as he can as heavies in action movies, and focus on coaching. As an old guy, it's nice to see someone keep on keeping on, but really, he is getting to a point where he can really get his eggs scrambled, and you know, marry a stripper, or make some other bad decisions....
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 3:58pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rule Britannia, motherfuckers!

What a great card. I can't believe people are saying it was mediocre, it had the most finishes I've seen in a UFC event for a long while.

The main event was a little lackluster. I wasn't suprised with the outcome. Randy turned on the dirty boxing in round 3 and won most of the exchanges. He doesn't look like he can take punishment like he used to though, maybe this would be a good time for him to stop. Or maybe one last superfight against Coleman or something.

**** you to all the anti-Bisping crowd too. There was such a huge mob mentality about him pre and post Henderson. Everyone says he's a complete dick, but I've never seen it, he always conducts himself well and he was a great coach on TUF. I've asked people before for specific examples of him being a dick but no-ones ever come up with anything.

Big up Dan Hardy, Ross Pearson and Andre Winner too. Great fights!

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 4:56pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bisping looked really good.

And Matt Brown's fight was awesome. Lots of near finishes. That triangle at the end of the round, the kimura, the standup grappling was good too.

Poor Vera really needs to learn how to go for a finish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 5:03pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    What a great card. I can't believe people are saying it was mediocre
    On second thoughts it wasn't a bad card, It's hard to follow that last Strikeforce card though.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 5:24pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    On second thoughts it wasn't a bad card, It's hard to follow that last Strikeforce card though.
    Fair do's. I only caught the Fedor fight on that one.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    11/15/2009 5:26pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    **** you to all the anti-Bisping crowd too. There was such a huge mob mentality about him pre and post Henderson. Everyone says he's a complete dick, but I've never seen it, he always conducts himself well and he was a great coach on TUF. I've asked people before for specific examples of him being a dick but no-ones ever come up with anything.
    Honesty, I was rooting for Bisping to lose. Even since the "fixed decision" over Hamill in the first British Show in order to promote the sport over there I disliked that UFC clings to the balls of such of mediocre fighter. If all goes well maybe Bisping will be ditched for Dan Hardy who is a much better fighter.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast