Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 3:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jophopenioche

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 105 Randy Couture Vs Brandon Vera Nov 14 2009 8pm on Spike

I can confirm Randy Couture will make his return to the light-heavyweight division at UFC 105 in Manchester at the MEN Arena on November 14. These are not rumours.After much searching, Brandon Vera will be his opponent. There have been discussions over several main events for Manchester, but I understand that Couture v Vera is now nailed down. Both men will have had a ten-week break since their last fight - at UFC 102 in Portland, Oregon. Couture is sure to get a huge reception in the UK, where he has legions of fans.Fans need no longer carp and moan about the lack of talent on show. This will be a main event alongside several others which will feature Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy.I’m not arguing that I would not like to have seen Anderson Silva defending his 185lbs title against Dan Henderson - Henderson surely deserves the shot in my view, rather than a fight-off with Nate Marquardt for the privilege - yet Couture’s return to the UK will delight many fans.The American legend, having signed a new 6-fight deal with the UFC, should now stay at 205lbs. Immediate reaction is that Couture will bring out the best in Vera.Couture has fought all his MMA contests in the US and Japan. This will mark debut of the fighter known as ‘The Natural’ in the UK.the.telegraph.co.uk

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:54pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Randy Couture (no homo), but Filipino pride demands I go for Brandon Vera. He even speaks Tagalog.

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 3:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of note, Rashad Evans turned down fighting Randy Couture because it wouldn't be a move up the UFC mixed martial arts light-heavyweight rankings.

Also, they should put Randy's ex-wife Kim Couture and Brandon Vera's wife Kerry for the undercard in a muay thai match. Looks like they are fighting in a MMA match in Nov 20 for Strikeforce Challengers, but Strikeforce's website is poorly organized.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

blotter art.

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 4:31pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy and Rashad would have been a good fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashad and Rampage would've been even better...

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 5:15pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forget, was Brandon ever officially on the Olympic team? I remember he was a candidate for a while.

Has randy ever fought anyone he didn't have Greco Supremacy over?

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 6:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He trained at the U.S. Olympic Training Center during his time in the Air Force, but he injured his elbow not too long after.

IIRC.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 6:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Randy Couture's longevity is thanks to chemicals, be they steroids, growth hormones, pixie dust or his own urine, said chemicals should be made mandatory for all fighters.

I'd be inclined to say that it's more a combination of his not having a pro fight before the age of 33 and the cumulative physical adaptation from many years of being a wrestler and coach.

Also, how funny is it that there's a guy named "Winner" on the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju Jitsu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brandon is tough and Randy will have a time of it anyway you look at it. Anytime Randy has faced a great stand up artist he has had problems. Brandon is also good at avoiding take downs...so should be a top of the line fight for sure. I still give the edge to the timeless "Captain America" though.

As far as Bis is concerned. It is time for him to settle the hell down and stop runing his mouth. It is time for him to step up and live up to his potential. Bis has mad skills and the body to make a run for the top. But his inability to keep his mouth shut has soured a lot of his fan base. He just needs to stop talking trash and let his hands do the talking.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of his fan base comes FROM him running his mouth, to be honest. People like bad boys, they like gamers. It's the reason people like Mayhem and Dan Hardy are so popular, because they're fun characters to watch and good fighters to boot.

Also, Vera, by decision. I want to believe in Randy, and I think he'll push Vera to the limit, but I just don't see him having the finishing power.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast