Sponsored Links Spacer Image

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 4:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are judo and sambo not acceptable alternatives to wrestling? Both of which are more widely available here (although sambo is significantly harder to find than judo).. I should think they all pretty much cover the same thing, anything involving pins would concentrate on establishing dominant position

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 4:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraform View Post
    I cant see Hatton getting involved in MMA unless he has MA previous like David Haye that im not aware of.
    David Haye will not do MMA, most of what he says is full of ****. He mentioned in an interview somewhere that he could bench 179kg.. who's heard of a boxer doing that? plus at the time he had a 42'' chest.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 4:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gi. Also, he's not going to be fighting judoka or Samboasters, he's going to be fighting wrestlers. Grappling is grappling, but Ricky Hatton is not going to be interested in top control or leglocks or clinch throws. He's going to be interested in sprawling until his balls fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    lol i hadn't even cosidered that kongo was muscular
    So wtf were you considering?

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 4:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Gi. Also, he's not going to be fighting judoka or Samboasters, he's going to be fighting wrestlers. Grappling is grappling, but Ricky Hatton is not going to be interested in top control or leglocks or clinch throws. He's going to be interested in sprawling until his balls fall off.
    I do no gi judo more than gi judo and it still works, and as it includes sprawling/counter throws he could use it. To be honest if he doesn't intend on being on the ground at all he shouldnt do mma.. he's not chuck liddell.. and his standup style entails being very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    So wtf were you considering?
    Quite obviously I was considering the lankyness, that being the other option presented by G off. To consider that soemone could not wrestle due to being muscular is like considering someone couldn't have sex due to having a penis

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2009 9:18pm

Style: Muay Thai - Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm sure that someone with that much money and respect from top fighters (like Couture) could learn from the very best wrestlers in the world if he wanted to.. and even spend alot of time effort and money on expert tuition from those who are experienced in countering wrestling. He has the heart and the dedication to training, and knows what it takes, to be a top level pro fighter definately, but I think it comes down to whether it'd be worth his while.. would he want to? I'm not sure whether the purses in MMA would be big enough to tempt him yet.. Plus, it'd have to suck donkey balls to go from being one of the best in one field, to being a rookie again... I just don't think it would happen..

Couture sure got a lot of local Mancunian support on his side though by showing how much he loves the local boy.. Can't imagine they'll be cheering for anyone else now... Nice move son..

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 8:31am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeroon1987 View Post
    leg kick?
    Riight cross?

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:46am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love how this turned into the limeys fantasy football, so to speak.

And yes, stuffing take downs and them other parts of teh wrastle are real easy to learn. . . . . . . . . .

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:51am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Love how this turned into the limeys fantasy football, so to speak.

And yes, stuffing take downs and them other parts of teh wrastle are real easy to learn. . . . . . . . . .
    never said it was easy, just said that it CAN be learned. but its a moot point anyway he won't do it. and if he does he will be spoonfed for his first handful of fights and then get KTFO now that his punch resistance is gone.
    .. o and FYI this is no fantasy of mine I would prefer that Hatton doesn't get raped by a foreigner for a third time

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 11:57am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    never said it was easy, just said that it CAN be learned. but its a moot point anyway he won't do it. and if he does he will be spoonfed for his first handful of fights and then get KTFO now that his punch resistance is gone.
    .. o and FYI this is no fantasy of mine I would prefer that Hatton doesn't get raped by a foreigner for a third time
    Mickey, stick around a while, I like you. But tbh Hatton would in my guess be more likely to be subbed or GnP'd then ktfo. I still believe in Hattons chin. I just simply don't think he can transition after a lifetime of the sweet science.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/03/2009 12:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    Hatton would in my guess be more likely to be subbed or GnP'd then ktfo.
    That's a good point I had a bit of tunnel vision after my disappointment at his losses to mayweather and pacquio.. i suppose as an opponent it would make alot more sense to go to ground than to stand with a former champ pro boxer
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast