Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think this was the best episode (fights aside).
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looked like 2 knackers fighting on a backroad, was half expecting to hear "no foulin" whenever the clinched or went to the ground. Also:
    YouTube - roots manuva - witness the fitness

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having sloppy hands is what happens when you get tired. People always look good when they are smacking the pads and when they are fresh. It's when they get tired that everything looks like ****, and anyone here who has tried to strike while exhausted knows it.

The shitty stand-up was directly proportional to the bad cardio.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On previous seasons, most of the fighters didn't seem so debilitated by their "adrenaline dumps." Neither did Demico, Schaub, Schoonver, Madsen, Wren...

I think Junk would have torn Mitrione up but was injured before and early in the fight, (detached retina, achilles something) as per Schaub's blog. I would imagine fighting through those kind of injuries can take a lot out of you.

I also think they picked a lot of guys that sucked so Kimbo would have a chance. If no one gets injured in the next two fights, Kimbo has no legitimate hope of being selected as a replacement, because there will be fighters who have won a fight eligible to step in. Not that Kimbo should be anyone's first pick as a replacement, anyway. At this point I would take Junk, Shivers, Demico, or Sims before Kimbo.

I don't think we're going to see so much more of him on the show, the promos have been mentioning him less and less. I hear he's to fight Houston Alexander at the TUF finale. Should be a fun fight.

This season has been disgraceful, with the special treatment of Kimbo (Wessel can't talk to his wife who has cancer, but Kimbo's wife can stop by), the absence of qualifying fights at the start of the show, Dana raving about this last godawful fight.

I don't know his participating in the show has engendered so much respect for him, like he's so brave for doing this instead of going and fighting circus fights in Japan. Barring a career-ending injury, he can still do that, and he'll be a bigger name, and have gotten paid to fight in the UFC at least once. It's a win-win. I don't blame him for doing it, but it doesn't make me respect the guy any more.

Anyway, this season sucks.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:35pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about a 'Heavyweights Suck' month in honour of this season of TUF.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    I think Junk would have torn Mitrione up but was injured before and early in the fight, (detached retina, achilles something) as per Schaub's blog. I would imagine fighting through those kind of injuries can take a lot out of you.
    I'm sure Mitrione had injuries of his own as well. As for the eye, the fact of the matter is even before it (and I recall seeing Junk putting his hand to his eye), Mitrione was hitting him at will and slipping most of what was thrown at him at least until the last minute or so of the first round.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 4:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, judo, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a TUF sucks month would be more appropriate since not all heavyweight sucks

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    I'm sure Mitrione had injuries of his own as well. As for the eye, the fact of the matter is even before it (and I recall seeing Junk putting his hand to his eye), Mitrione was hitting him at will and slipping most of what was thrown at him at least until the last minute or so of the first round.
    He got poked in the eye in the first thirty seconds of the fight. That's not really enough time to determine who was winning the fight, therefore you logic is stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2009 11:54am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight was a good piece of freakshow comedy, and I'd be lying if I'd say that I didn't enjoy it as such.

My personal favourite moment of the fight was the Rocky-esque ending of the first round. Both guys looked like they hade been through a fucking thriathlon or something just before the fight.
    When Junk threw those wild swings to Mitriones face, landing everyone of them clean, it almost looked like Matt was opening his mouth to try and say something, like "stop hitting me".

I enjoyed it amost as much as Dana did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2009 2:35pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight sucked from a technical perspective. However, the humor was on target in my house. Funniest moment was after (yet another) failed take down, Junk was desperately clinging to a single ankle(not pulling, not pushing - Just holding on of dear life.) and my wife says "That is how our 6 year old (girl) wrestles."

I'm glad it stopped after two rounds.

To give them credit, they were both gassed. However, if TUF season one had been this pathetic we probably would not have the UFC...
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast