Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 3:41pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW this is Matt's blog. Take it or leave it, but he explains why he was doing everything. It gels more with the guy I know that what is portrayed anyway.

http://news.fightmagazine.com/matt-m...ott-junk-1996/

edit: it also talks about some of the things edited out.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 4:37pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The heavyweight division is weak but they could have found guys a hell of a lot better than these Fucktards. This series is amusing but the fights are fucking terrible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 4:42pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I've been less and less interested in watching each episode each week. As it is, I'm downloading this episode as we speak. That's right. I'm reading the spoiler thread BEFORE watching the episode, that's how I feel about this season.
    Ever since Kimbo lost, I've been in teh same boat. No one else is very compelling to watch expect maybe Big Country and Marius. At this point, I just read the threads and if it sounds like it was ok, I'll watch it. This is the only season of TUF I have watched, and so far, I dont feel like I've been missing anything if this is par for the course.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Valiss you mean Marcus Jones right.It would be very entertaining if Marius (the welterweight kingpin from dream) was fighting some of these heavyweights.Of course it would never happen (in the US) due to restrictions of weight difference between competitors.

I hope Marcus Jones wins next week would be nice to have a true heavyweight make it through to the next round.I think all of the winners so far are just light heavyweights who have "bulked" up.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 7:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    I think all of the winners so far are just light heavyweights who have "bulked" up.
    Naw, I think many of them would have a hard time at lower weights. For example, Mitrone, Schaub, Nelson (maybe he could make 205 but who know, I don't think he ever has) and several others.

Moveover, there are a lot of guys successful at both weights. You give up power but you gain a speed (and gas) advantage moving up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 11:08pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a fighter, but isn't suddenly going all out when you're supposed to be sparring at 60% a pretty dickish thing to do?

Anyway, I just wanna see Rampage go 0-8 and be done with it. I really have no clue why Dana was so hyped up about these fights. Not that he's ever really been credible in the past though...

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya View Post
    I'm not a fighter, but isn't suddenly going all out when you're supposed to be sparring at 60% a pretty dickish thing to do?
    Mitrione's blog on that topic is pretty interesting, whether or not he is completely on point of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 1:23am

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Naw, I think many of them would have a hard time at lower weights. For example, Mitrone, Schaub, Nelson (maybe he could make 205 but who know, I don't think he ever has) and several others.

Moveover, there are a lot of guys successful at both weights. You give up power but you gain a speed (and gas) advantage moving up.
    LHW seems a much tougher division than HW. Maybe all the cheeseburgers Nelson eats are his way staying competitive :happy9:

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 4:52am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is with Dana getting all exited about this ****, like it was Bonnar X Griffin?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too am hoping Marcus "Big Baby" (lol) gets a win next week. Seems like a nice guy and also seems lke a hard worker. Plus, not to fall into the same trap as Rampage, but he looks HUGE!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast