Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, boxing, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im a bit confused to think that there isnt guys better out there that would have grown from being on the show. pretty disapointed with all the fights, as everyone said the last one sucked bad after 2 minutes. Anyone think Junk won the 2nd round?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 10:07am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Tideliar, Mitrione pulled it out. One judge called it a draw, the other two gave it to Mitrione by two points. Dana acted like he'd just seen the fight of the millennium. I have no idea what the ****.
    I wondered if that was an editing thing at the end of the first round...Dana climaxing over himself at The Big of the Millenium, whereas the rest of us watched two fat, gassed rednecks playing slappy-face

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 10:18am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crappy fight aside, the highlight of the show was when Rampage said "I ain't a coach, I brought coaches and we doing a good job ain't we guys?!" The way they showed the 'Page team kind of staring at their feet was spot on. If only they'd just edited in some crickets chirping.

Once again though, I was offended by Rampage's attitude about his fighters. Rashad called him out as a quitter and 'Page said "my boys is quittin in the cage, not me." How much damage could that do to all the guys wearing Rampage jerseys to their training every single day?

'Page proves every episode why he should never have been invited to coach, and why he should not have accepted the offer the second time. Like Rashad or not, he's a very decent coach, strategist, and seems an honest person. I respect the fact that he dressed down Mitrione for his bullshit antics in training and told him to re-focus his energy. That's decent coaching.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 10:19am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst season of TUF yet. Almost none of the fighters seem to have any gas, many of them don't even exhibit an ounce of understanding in regards to striking technique once the fight starts and, with the exception of a few guys, have no business being on the show.

To answer tao.jonez question, yes there are better fighters out there but the problem is the UFC doesn't get the final say on who gets on the show the Spike producers do. I personally know 2 heavyweights that tried out that could have made a real impact on that show that got turned away. Spike was more interested in signing on names not fighters.

Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Wes Sims, McSweeney, "Titties", and Wren I think were all good picks for the show and have talent but the rest of the guys got picked for all the wrong reasons. That's not to say that they don't have potential but there are a lot of HWs out there with more experience and talent that got passed over for a bunch of guys that used to play in the NFL.

Rant over. Move along, nothing else to see here.
    安氏八极拳学生

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 11:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That fight was dedicated to all the "LA Douchebags" that booed when the fight hit the ground.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Worst MMA fight i've ever witnessed. Someone has already summed it up perfectly as a "fat bloke fight"
    You don't get out much do you?
    I was at some ammy fights awhile back, we were howling with laughter at some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    To answer tao.jonez question, yes there are better fighters out there but the problem is the UFC doesn't get the final say on who gets on the show the Spike producers do. I personally know 2 heavyweights that tried out that could have made a real impact on that show that got turned away. Spike was more interested in signing on names not fighters.
    One of the guys I train with was put through by Zuffa but nixed by Spike. Bummer, he is a really, really nice guy.

Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Wes Sims, McSweeney, "Titties", and Wren I think were all good picks for the show and have talent but the rest of the guys got picked for all the wrong reasons.
    You're forgetting a few other guys too (Schaub and Demico or whatever their names are for example). Anyway, as I said on last week's thread, you guys have seriously forgotten what all the first round fights looked like in other seasons where there were not fights to get on the show. Do you remember what the qualifying fights from last season or the season before that looked like?

Pretty much the same as this years.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Tideliar, Mitrione pulled it out. One judge called it a draw, the other two gave it to Mitrione by two points. Dana acted like he'd just seen the fight of the millennium. I have no idea what the ****.
    Based on previous seasons I've always assumed that when Dana watches TUF fights he's really, really, really high.

Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Frankly I thought Mittrione looked pretty good during the first round. He slipped a lot of punches and put together a lot of 3-4 hit combos, he pretty much only threw combos. He also seemed to fight smart by not following to the ground, though that backfired since I think he could have finished Junk if he had. Junk's fairly heavy strikes at the end of the first took a lot out of Mittrione.
    Yep

You're forgetting a few other guys too (Schaub and Demico or whatever their names are for example). Anyway, as I said on last week's thread, you guys have seriously forgotten what all the first round fights looked like in other seasons where there were not fights to get on the show. Do you remember what the qualifying fights from last season or the season before that looked like?

Yepx2

Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Wes Sims, McSweeney, "Titties", and Wren I think were all good picks for the show and have talent
    LOL
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think Scott is a god fighter who just needs to translate his practice attitude and training into the actual fight. Once Scott can do that, he will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. One thing that did happen to Junk before the fight was while in the process of warming up he injured his Achilles' heel bad, which I think limited his movement.

"Also, in the fight, if you look closely, Scott's eyelid is inside out. He accidentally caught a finger from Matt. He lost almost all his eye sight after this, which happened in the first minute of the fight. He ended up having a torn retina."

From Brendan Schaub's blog.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 3:09pm

Style: EBMAS\52 Blocks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst season of TUF yet. Almost none of the fighters seem to have any gas, many of them don't even exhibit an ounce of understanding in regards to striking technique once the fight starts and, with the exception of a few guys, have no business being on the show.

Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Wes Sims, McSweeney, "Titties", and Wren I think were all good picks for the show and have talent but the rest of the guys got picked for all the wrong reasons. That's not to say that they don't have potential but there are a lot of HWs out there with more experience and talent that got passed over for a bunch of guys that used to play in the NFL.

Rant over. Move along, nothing else to see here.
    Excellent points!

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 3:30pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Schaub was winning BJJ tournaments in the black belt division after 6 months training.....and won a golden gloves tournament...

With 6 months training.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast