Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 5:45am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    every episode i grow more and more sad that Wes Sims is out, he is just hilarious.

What an awful fight. i think that about every fight in this season, but damn. they just keep getting worse. i see better displays by amateur heavyweights at grassroots kickboxing events, that was fucking pathetic. having said that, Junk struck me as being a fucking moron, going on about how he would win through heart, how he doesnt use technique. wtf? great pick of guys to rep the sport there Dana.

Mitriones blow up in sparring was fucking hilarious. you can guess what hes doing though, and really, its not a bad idea. they all seem to think hes a crazy asshole, but hes the one fucking with them. not the other way round. (well, maybe he is just a crazy asshole)

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never discount the possibility that it's not a clever ruse . . . .

What got me about the fight was not how bad it was (honestly, there were some interesting moments, and I thought Junk did a good job just to survive the early part of Round One) but the way Dana White went nuts. It was like he'd never seen MMA before. I don't know why boxing meatheads dislike him so much; he should be their leader.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 8:08am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will say this for Matt. I train with the guy, and I've seen him go hard in training. That fight was not indicative of his gas tank. He's very inexperienced as far as having fought much. I can pretty much guarantee it was all adrenalin dump that caused him to gas. He'd been so jazzed up to fight for so long, when the time came he just got to excited. I watch him go hard for multiple 5 minute rounds in training without letting up at all. It's a whole different world when you actually fight though because of nerves and everything.

Now as for his crazy comments and stuff. I have no idea what all that is about. He's very different back here at home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 8:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't tell if Dana was actually excited about the fight, or if he was just trying to fool people into thinking it was exciting.

That might have been the worst MMA fight I've ever witnessed. I went from rolling my eyes at Junk's attempts to fall into guard and buttscoot after every exchange, to laughing at how terrible their conditioning was, to cringing at how little training either one seemed to have. Seriously, I've seen better boxing in old Tough Man competitions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 8:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually enjoyed the first three minutes or so of the fight, maybe the whole first round. Shows how little I understand of fighting I guess.

I swear I could almost feel the adrenaline (in Matt especially: he was going crazy!).

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    That might have been the worst MMA fight I've ever witnessed. I went from rolling my eyes at Junk's attempts to fall into guard and buttscoot after every exchange, to laughing at how terrible their conditioning was, to cringing at how little training either one seemed to have. Seriously, I've seen better boxing in old Tough Man competitions.
    Frankly I thought Mittrione looked pretty good during the first round. He slipped a lot of punches and put together a lot of 3-4 hit combos, he pretty much only threw combos. He also seemed to fight smart by not following to the ground, though that backfired since I think he could have finished Junk if he had. Junk's fairly heavy strikes at the end of the first took a lot out of Mittrione.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 9:40am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least Junk was honest - in the pre-fight interview he said something to the effect of "when I fight my technique goes out the window". I suck at takedowns and grappling in general, but I was stunned by how shitty a "veteran of the octagon" looked when shooting for takedowns. He appeared to be in awful shape, his hands ended up just above his belly button, and his supposed mad-dog ass beating style was laughable. He got punched one good time and seemed to never recover. The guy looked good banging mitts, but wow did he ever fall apart. I thought Junk was playing possum, but nope. He was just not ready, whether mentally or physically I don't know.

Nothing to say about Mitrione. He's an asshole whether he's faking insanity or not. Props to him for winning, but he needs to relax / breathe and get his cardio right if he's going to survive another fight.

Most disappointing was Dana. Is he on drugs and getting dumber? He looks kinda swollen in the face and neck, plus his reaction to that first round?!??! Stunning. Nobody in their right mind could have thought that fight was worth a **** after about 2 minutes, much less the talking head of the UFC.

In general the HW division looks hopeless. I watched Rothwell get absolutely mauled this weekend by Velasquez. Big Country Nelson got mauled by Rothwell in the IFL. Nelson appears to out-class everyone else on the show. I guess I am just missing the point of the whole season.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 9:45am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst MMA fight i've ever witnessed. Someone has already summed it up perfectly as a "fat bloke fight"
    I agreed with decision but only based on the first 30 seconds of the fight, whereby Matt actually did something and Junk just wilted to the canvas every few seconds.

I can't believe Dana's bullshit at the end. "These guys were throwing bombs!" ...They could barely lift their own arms for at least 90% of the fight.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next week, Marcus Jones gogoplatas everyone!

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 9:54am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Worst MMA fight i've ever witnessed. Someone has already summed it up perfectly as a "fat bloke fight"
    I agreed with decision but only based on the first 30 seconds of the fight, whereby Matt actually did something and Junk just wilted to the canvas every few seconds.

I can't believe Dana's bullshit at the end. "These guys were throwing bombs!" ...They could barely lift their own arms for at least 90% of the fight.
    Given Dana's penchant for vulgarity, maybe he meant F-Bombs? I saw a couple of good shots early on, but...yeah Fat Bloke Fight is a great summation.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast