Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    Football tackle or wrestling takedown/slam are difficult to counter with a kick. Vidoes of success defenses plz. Vids in the gym against noncompliant partner are okay.
    I agree with you.I'm not trying to prove that you can counter a tackle with a kick because you can't.

    All fights I have seen started and ended with haymakers, tackles aren't really popular here it seems.However, It may look to me that way because of my lack of experience in street fights.

  2. #32
    vigilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,243
    Style
    Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post


    Doboj.
    Nice town. East of Bihac and Banja Luka? Had a pretty cool castle there if memory serves me, bet you guys are glad SFOR is gone.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

  3. #33
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    387
    Style
    slackerjitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I agree with you.I'm not trying to prove that you can counter a tackle with a kick because you can't.

    All fights I have seen started and ended with haymakers, tackles aren't really popular here it seems.However, It may look to me that way because of my lack of experience in street fights.

    When a person set up or stances like that you are telling your opposite where the kick is most likely coming from and therefore where to defend when closing.

    I also claim a lack of experience in teh str33ts. That is a good way to get shot.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Nice town. East of Bihac and Banja Luka? Had a pretty cool castle there if memory serves me, bet you guys are glad SFOR is gone.
    Yeah.Doboj grew alot since the end of the war but the average IQ of the population decreased.

    SFOR was fine with me, you had cool tanks and stuff but you sure overstayed your welcome.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    835
    Style
    BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have yet to reach my breaking point. I try to diffuse the situation. I basically make it clear that I don't want to fight and I won't start the fight, but also make it clear that if he starts it, I'm going to make sure he doesn't walk away unscathed.

  6. #36
    Meex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    2,998
    Style
    Tao Ga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my sifu's philosophy:
    "If you think a fight is about to start. . .start it!"

    lesson:
    Don't hang with sifu in Chinatown, or at bars, clubs, or fairs!
    :XXjester:
    `~/


    .
    Last edited by Meex; 10/31/2009 4:22pm at .

  7. #37
    tgace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,507
    Style
    Arnis/Kenpo hybrid
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Yeah.Doboj grew alot since the end of the war but the average IQ of the population decreased.

    SFOR was fine with me, you had cool tanks and stuff but you sure overstayed your welcome.
    I've been there too. Spent Most of my time near Tuzla...Camp Eagle.

    I think that one of your countries best kept secrets is the number of beautiful women who live there. :)

  8. #38
    vigilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,243
    Style
    Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    I've been there too. Spent Most of my time near Tuzla...Camp Eagle.

    I think that one of your countries best kept secrets is the number of beautiful women who live there. :)
    Bihac, Velika Kladusa ad Tomislavgrad here.

    Very beautiful women. That's probably why the Gov't there made it so hard to marry em and bring them to North America.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    835
    Style
    BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only met 1 person from Bosnia.
    He taught me 2 phrases. I will now butcher the spelling of each.
    1) Pushe Curritz
    2) Dabra Gooza (Goodza?)

    All you ever need to know :D

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    59
    Style
    Muay Thai/JJJ Hybrid/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My breaking point was when someone called my autistic brother a retard. I didn't even think about it. I knocked his ass to the pavement. Other then that I never had a breaking point. I don't get mad all that easily. Most things I just brush off, but that one I couldn't let go.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO