10/29/2009 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex View Post
    No, I wasn't. . .it's just that you look funny! :XXjester:
    I know.

It's the source of all this insecurity As well as my propensity for fighting to the death over things like a couple ounces of accidentally spilled beer, or some dude glancing in the general direction of one of my fat hooker "dates"...

...gawd I hate myself.:XXjester:

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 12:46pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have found that eh more you learn about real fighting, the less likely you are to have a fight. (Generally...I have met a few notable exceptions)

Once you seriously study the right way to fight, you learn that it is much easier to LOSE a fight than it is to WIN one. This has made me very cautious.

Furthermore, you don't feel as insecure or threatened, and are thus less likely to react inappropriately to negative stimulus.

Personally, i don't engage in physical confrontation unless provoked physically myself. I DO however, verbally confront individuals who are behaving in a manner that I find threatening or dickish. But that's a philosophical thing for me. Assholes are assholes because meek people let them be assholes. But it takes a lot of confidence to confront an asshole knowing that you can't legally or ethically pound them.

Of course, these are usually the type of people who love a good game of escalante...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 3:36pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    I have found that eh more you learn about real fighting, the less likely you are to have a fight. (Generally...I have met a few notable exceptions)

Once you seriously study the right way to fight, you learn that it is much easier to LOSE a fight than it is to WIN one. This has made me very cautious.

Furthermore, you don't feel as insecure or threatened, and are thus less likely to react inappropriately to negative stimulus.

Personally, i don't engage in physical confrontation unless provoked physically myself. I DO however, verbally confront individuals who are behaving in a manner that I find threatening or dickish. But that's a philosophical thing for me. Assholes are assholes because meek people let them be assholes. But it takes a lot of confidence to confront an asshole knowing that you can't legally or ethically pound them.

Of course, these are usually the type of people who love a good game of escalante...
    So true.
    One of the best post's I've read about this topic.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 1:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I typically do what you do as far as verbally confronting people, but it almost always escalates instantly when I do.

I can think of about three times when I've done this and instantly got shoved for my trouble. (I'm 5'6". That must really bother some people who are acting like jackholes - to have a dude my size ask them to stop it.)

In all three instances there was intervention before any hands were thrown (good thing too - I'd have probably gotten stomped each time).

Sooner or later I'm gonna take a punch for doing this, but I don't believe the act of telling someone to stop acting like a jackass should have a height requirement.

I would imagine it would help if you were in the ballpark, though. :lol:

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 8:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    you see, i don't get the whole monkey posture game. can't do it.

facing someone up-close when we are both angry is a situation of potential danger IMO. even if i just wanna blow of steam, me doing it to him is asking for him to react.
    Me too.I'm always standing outside striking range in a little sideways stance with one leg on my toes ready to kick his head off if he rushes me.

And I always get rilled up like ten minutes after the conflict and feel down because I didn't beat the **** out of some fucktard who had it coming

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 10:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Me too.I'm always standing outside striking range in a little sideways stance with one leg on my toes ready to kick his head off if he rushes me.
    Dumb.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Dumb.
    Why?Its not like I'm escalating the situation further by standing in an obviously fighting stance.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The appropriate response to a rush is a kick to the head?

Wish I had your reflexes, Cro Cop.

The rest of us mortals would be better suited circling out or sprawling. O-goshi if ya got it.

By the by, that ankle's gonna feel great when you get crumpled while you're standing sideways - which closes off the body and shows aggression - along with your Fred Astaire move with the leg.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:31pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It should be in accordance with your states use of force laws. If it isn't then you have do decide if its worth going to jail over.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    The appropriate response to a rush is a kick to the head?

Wish I had your reflexes, Cro Cop.

The rest of us mortals would be better suited circling out or sprawling. O-goshi if ya got it.

By the by, that ankle's gonna feel great when you get crumpled while you're standing sideways - which closes off the body and shows aggression - along with your Fred Astaire move with the leg.
    I'm not standing completely sideways.And yes, my default response to a rush is a high kick.I'm flexible and fast enough to kick like that on teh str33ts.I pulled it off in the last fight i got into, but I got stomped on in the end.The kick was a great sucksecks, regardless.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast