Posted On:
    10/26/2009 11:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

K-1 MAX 2009 finals (all fights up)

http://k1fighter.blogspot.com/

Question to those that watched the entire BPK vs Sauwer fight. Did Buakaw keep up the same general performance with his clinch work, teeps, and foot work or did Andy actually get on the inside and bring some punishment of his own?

If rounds 2 and 3 went just as round 1 did then **** K-1 judges. If not, then I guess the extra round was a necessity.

Also: CAN SOMEONE SAY GEORGIO VS YODSANKLAI!?

That fight NEEDS to happen.

I think the belt might have been on someone else's waist if the 2 final fights were scrambled up pairing wise (maybe the order of the fights too). Still, a lot of great fights that night. 2009 is the year of the Armenian/Thai/Italian something... guy. Yeah whatever, he's a bad ass.

P.S. and GEORGIO VS MADIGAN

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 2:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the link I think it airs next week sometime on HDNET.

.Glad to see the K-1 belt on someone different then the big 3 this year.
    Last edited by inertia; 10/27/2009 2:39am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:42am

Style: Judofitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Petrosyan has the r3al.
    I'm amazed at his ability to dodge anything they throw at him. such a pleasure to watch.

(He's of Armenian descent but always lived and trained in Trieste, Italy)

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 12:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poor Buakaw K-1 Max just hates him.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 9:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw the entire BPP vs Sauwer fight and I think I can comfortably say **** K-1 JUDGES. Yes I'm glad Petrosiyan won (or to be really honest I'm just glad Sauwer didn't win) but Buakaw didn't take any real damage, and basically threw Sauwer around from the clinch.

As far as punishment goes I don't think Georgio would have had as easy of a time disrupting Sauwer's rhythm and breaking his shell in the process if Buakaw hadn't softened his legs up with a few dozen unanswered leg kicks, a bunch of teeps that floored him or came close to flooring him AND the knee's he fired off at his legs/lower body from the clinch (and let's not forget how many times he threw Sauwer from there as well).

R1: All Buakaw
    R2: Still all Buakaw
    R3: A draw at best

Aggression with out dominance really doesn't mean anything.

Buakaw actually fought like Buakaw this year, in 2008 he got WTF-pwned because he thought he was Mike Tyson. Fucker wisened up and still gets **** on by the judges. The ****?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 1:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K-1 Max has been so goddamn boring these days. Breaking the tournament up into a final 4 makes it SO much less exciting, it sucks. Back in 2004-2006 the tournaments were so damn exciting, I'd be jumping up and down with each match. These last bunch of events I barely even cared what happened.

All the results were predictable as hell and just the matchups themselves were just not particularly exciting. Holy crap, Buakaw vs Souwer part XVII!! Zzzz... And I'm sorry, but Petrosyan is so good at defense and counter fighting he's just not that fun to watch. Also him crushing Yamamoto was such a foregone conclusion that it barely got a reaction out of me when he knocked him down.

It's definitely nice to see a new face storming through K-1MAX, but really it seems like Petrosyan is just going to rule the house until K-1 gets tired of him winning all the time. All the best fighters in MAX are passing their prime and there aren't really any other new blood MAX fighters at that level from what I've seen.

Yep, there's a jaded rant for you. Back to lurking I go!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 1:44am

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It occurred to me that the K-1 judges keep crack rock on hand and smoke it on the regular at what should been the end of the 2004 Buakaw/Masato fight. When they announced that extra round, even the referee had this totally shocked, "mrrh?!" look on his face, and Masato made the exact same expression.

Posted On:
    11/01/2009 9:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii View Post
    It occurred to me that the K-1 judges keep crack rock on hand and smoke it on the regular at what should been the end of the 2004 Buakaw/Masato fight. When they announced that extra round, even the referee had this totally shocked, "mrrh?!" look on his face, and Masato made the exact same expression.
    I re-watched the fight 3 times just to see that part. It was funny in that "this is making me die on the inside" kinda way.