Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2011 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by coxscorner View Post
    I was associated with Sarcharnoski's group in early mid 80's before moving on to other cross training. I trained in Combat Ki and had a Dan ranking under one of his Black Belts. And yes you can learn to pull your testicles up and thrust your hips forward to lessen the impact of the groin kick but....it still hurts.

I learned three things out of it,
    1) to do break falls on concrete without getting hurt
    2) to fight through pain by absorbing groin kick and
    3) one does learn a technique for taking the throat punches that can give you a few extra seconds to try to survive and get out of a choke (basically swallowing and collapsing your adams apple while slowly forcing air out).

The "Kenpo-Jitso" type technique were mostly standup, rapid kenpo strikes and Aiki type locks and throws. There was some ground work but not much, course we are talking 80's here.
    Long time for first post.

Curious, but were you affiliated with Gary Dill's organization at some time since you have JKD/Kempo in your style field?

I know Rod worked for Dill in the police force at one time. This from Dill himself.

They're not on good terms today (-;

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised Plumber...you are the first guy I've ever seen (who actually trained with him) who had a bad thing to say about the guy. My old school was affiliated with Juko Kye for a long time. I never trained in the combat ki but another one of our blackbelts trained with him for a year. We all learned the combat ki but not to the full extent that he taught it. The blackbelt I speak of came back after training with Sacharnowski and I kicked him as hard as I could right in the groin. I lifted him off the ground. I did it several times. Kind of hard to argue with that. As for the credentials...all those guys from that era have puffery to their cred. There was no internet back then. A legit instructor would open a dojo and some dill weed would open one up next door but claim he studied in Okinawa under Miyagi himself and then spent 10 years in silence studying Kung Fu with Shoulin Monks. Hell...they probably had to boost the resume just to stay in business. I'll tell ya this much...the guy trains some bad ass students!

Posted On:
    5/31/2012 10:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a member of a school that was originally Ryukyu kempo before we were incorporated under the Juko Kai umbrella in the 90's. We were one of the biggest dojos and had amazing teachers. Rod Sacharnowski poached our best teachers with promises of better jobs running his schools in Dallas or Indianna and then wouldn't fulfill those promises. It wasn't until years after I had quit that I found out about all the fraud he is involved with (I had mentioned my affiliation to someone and was directed here a while back to see the truth).

I have done the Combat Ki training and earned a dan ranking in it by taking the kick to the groin, punches to the throat and solar plexus. That was the last thing I did in Juko Kai and it was in 1999. During the training before the testing we were being drilled and taking hits from various teachers, and I received one slap on the chest from Rod and that was the hardest thing I felt all day. The man may be delusional, but he was still strong as an ox when I last saw him.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678