Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 7:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone should nominate this thread for the best necro eva!!!
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'll let MTripp comment but, I can point out many of the tricks myself.
    Please do... I value the input!
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 8:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me give you a homework assignment to provide the missing part.

Many years ago there was a "Psychic" who claimed to be able to extend his mind power and people on a bike could not run into him. This was in Russia I believe.

Find the story, and how he died......
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 8:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rahter confrim my opinion with your true experince but, I'll give you my Mcdojo CMA take.

Let me make sure everyone understands that this takes skill. Even though magic is slight of hand and other tricks, it doesn't take away from the time and skill it takes to perform the feats. The difference, IMO, is magicians don't try to claim supernatural or mutant powers for money. They just don't tell you their tricks. If you do pay you know what you are in for so, it isn't fraud.

The tricks we see in these videos are used to steal money IMO.

I'm just going to say the basics because, I want to see what MTripp has to say.

The main things I noticed before Genki Sudo started hitting the guys are important.

In the early 70's demonstrations, at about 1:40, the guy is already rising up as the punch goes towards his nuts. The throat punch is a bent wrist fist.

Now in the newer demonstration the Blond guy flexes his neck muscles. I know a few guys that could do this in my Mcdojo art. I got to the point where I could do this myself but, not absorb punishment as well. Notice how prominent his neck muscles are flexed before the punch lands. Also, pay close attention the puncher never steps through. It is basically an arm punch with no follow through. More of a push than a punch.

Again, this is a skill but, I learned it so can you.

The Genki stuff is interesting but, to me, it is all about rolling or absorbing punches. When they slow it down, the guy getting hit is already reacting. He pulls back as the punch is thrown and then it lands on his throat. He turns slightly into the kick. Finally, he rises up as the kick goes to his groin. Also, the average person is not going to completely destroy someone. Watch a Genki video and tell me he isn't slightly pulling his punches.

Again, timing is everything and that does take a certain skill. Yet, the average layman can learn these tricks. Hell the rolling and absorbing is taught in many schools as a normal part of fight training. One of my favorite sparring moves was catching a side kick to the gut, slightly rolling back, then stepping in for a for sweep. I would do the same thing with the round house thrown in the video. Again a timing issue.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Modified Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAWeJMOg2Kk...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAWeJMOg2Kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Top Secret Juko Kai Training Video at Marksville High School LA

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 10:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'd rahter confrim my opinion with your true experince but, I'll give you my Mcdojo CMA take.

Let me make sure everyone understands that this takes skill. Even though magic is slight of hand and other tricks, it doesn't take away from the time and skill it takes to perform the feats. The difference, IMO, is magicians don't try to claim supernatural or mutant powers for money. They just don't tell you their tricks. If you do pay you know what you are in for so, it isn't fraud.

The tricks we see in these videos are used to steal money IMO.

I'm just going to say the basics because, I want to see what MTripp has to say.

The main things I noticed before Genki Sudo started hitting the guys are important.

In the early 70's demonstrations, at about 1:40, the guy is already rising up as the punch goes towards his nuts. The throat punch is a bent wrist fist.

Now in the newer demonstration the Blond guy flexes his neck muscles. I know a few guys that could do this in my Mcdojo art. I got to the point where I could do this myself but, not absorb punishment as well. Notice how prominent his neck muscles are flexed before the punch lands. Also, pay close attention the puncher never steps through. It is basically an arm punch with no follow through. More of a push than a punch.

Again, this is a skill but, I learned it so can you.

The Genki stuff is interesting but, to me, it is all about rolling or absorbing punches. When they slow it down, the guy getting hit is already reacting. He pulls back as the punch is thrown and then it lands on his throat. He turns slightly into the kick. Finally, he rises up as the kick goes to his groin. Also, the average person is not going to completely destroy someone. Watch a Genki video and tell me he isn't slightly pulling his punches.

Again, timing is everything and that does take a certain skill. Yet, the average layman can learn these tricks. Hell the rolling and absorbing is taught in many schools as a normal part of fight training. One of my favorite sparring moves was catching a side kick to the gut, slightly rolling back, then stepping in for a for sweep. I would do the same thing with the round house thrown in the video. Again a timing issue.
    A+ That's how I see it too...

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 10:09am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    A+ That's how I see it too...
    Here's another little tidbit for the groin kick, as my sifu used to demo that one: you know the old question, boxers or briefs? For him, it was both, because that allowed him to keep his genitals strapped in place in the front, essentially against his pubic bone.

The kick comes from underneath, and as long as the glutes and aductors are sufficiently developed, your foot never hits the perinium, which could cause pain/damage.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 11:48am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bring to the jury Harry Houdini.

This podunk town in Louisiana is which one? I live around a few of them and would like to know who this guy is.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 2:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    I bring to the jury Harry Houdini.

This podunk town in Louisiana is which one? I live around a few of them and would like to know who this guy is.
    Hey Josh,

I don't know if you remember or not, but some guys gave a demo of this kind of stuff at one of Connie's shiai at ULL (then USWL or whatever). They had a big demo complete with groin kicks and throat punches. I remmber sitting in the stands with Kerry Kennedy and laughing, I asked him if he wanted to go out and cold cock the guy, but he said he didn't want to ruin the show.

The demonstrators were local. I wonder if it was the same guy or somebody related?

Ben

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 2:42pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL yea but that was the Lafayette group of Juko kai. Sadly I use to train with them before doing Judo. They tried to get me to do that stuff and I laughed at them. I refused to stand there and let them just hit me.

It might be one of them that migrated to another town.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast