Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 6:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i trained with rod for years i thought he was a good martial artist just he has no morals and i left because of all the lies

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Modified Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work with a guy who is a 1st degree black belt in Juko Kai under Kirby Roy (the guy on Fox Sports Science who took the nut shot from the American Gladiator.)
    He's only 21, and was very confused when I showed him all the info about Juko Kai.
    It seems that Kirby Roy is the basketball coach at his high school in a podunk town in Louisiana. He seems really honest and dedicated to his art. He and another guy from the same town tell stories about Kirby having the P.E. class kick him in the nads on a regualr basis. (Makes me think of the Beavis and Butthead episode where the coach has them repeatedly nutshot him. "I said! KICK ME IN THE JIMMY!!...YES!")
    We have in depth discussions about technique alot and he's pretty sound with his Ju Jutsu, so I don't really know what to think about the Juko Kai. I know that Sach is a sack of ****. But this kid is really nice, and he doesn't defend Rod, but he does defend Kirby...vehemently. I am hoping that once we get on land I can do some alive sparring with him and see if he can actually use what he seems to know against a skilled (well, pretty skilled, heh) adversary who is used to alive training. Although I'm not gonna "kick him in the jimmy"
    BTW. Even if it is just rotating your hips, getting kicked in the asshole HURTS. Getting kicked in the taint hurts to. ALOT!!
    Believe me!
    So I think there has to be something to that Combat Ki stuff. But channeling your chi like that takes concentration, and if you're concentrating on your nuts not hurting, then when I smack you in the face whatcha gonna do?
    So I don't think its anything you could ever use in a real situation.
    Also, The Iron Shirt thing is BS. There is an old Chinese Herbalist guy who teaches Iron Shirt Chi Gung close to where I live. His name is Shifu Hwang, and according to him Iron Shirt Chi Gung is acutally for good health, not to make you a bad ass.
    Oh yeah. Go ahead and flame me for being a newb. I'm weaing my fire retardent kevlar.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jboler View Post
    In all fairness, Sacharnoski does have a 1st dan from the Kodokan. His eighth Dan in Sport Judo cannot be verified, and the USJF has stated that he has only been recognized as a 1st dan under their organization.
    I know this is an old rez thread... but Rod does NOT have rank with the Kodokan, the ONLY legit Judo rank we can find is a shodan registered with USJF. The 8th dan in Judo was made up, and no one in Holland knows him.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 9:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, as someone who is CERTIFIED in Combat Ki under Rod himself...

1. Total BS Ki power nonsense

2. Part parlor trick, the groin kick has been explained.

3. Karate people do not hit as hard as they think they do.

There are people of various skill with Rod. He finds "tough guys" to claim as his "students," I know, he did that with me. When people learn the truth they either move on, or stay if they know they can't get rank anywhere else.

I moved on after about a year when I learned the truth.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 10:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Modified Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Now, as someone who is CERTIFIED in Combat Ki under Rod himself...

1. Total BS Ki power nonsense

2. Part parlor trick, the groin kick has been explained.

3. Karate people do not hit as hard as they think they do.

There are people of various skill with Rod. He finds "tough guys" to claim as his "students," I know, he did that with me. When people learn the truth they either move on, or stay if they know they can't get rank anywhere else.

I moved on after about a year when I learned the truth.
    Ok, the groin kick is a parlor trick, what about the neck punches and the four person neck punches at the same time? Not doubting you. I'm just wondering so I can get a better understanding of how you take four punches at the same time from four SMU football lineman.
    c'mon...dish some dirt.

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 6:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You just do it; the plain truth is that most people have no idea how to hit really hard, and you are directing the action.

Let's see a Ki master say "I can't be knocked out," and things will change.

I know they can be choked out....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 2:28pm

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda' off topic, but the obvious thing that occurs to me is that real fighters who get hit by real fighters don't do any combat ki stuff. Anyone want to speculate on why they don't field chin or temple shots? Or get in the ring & dominate with their magical imperviousness to punishment? It's yet another parlor trick to dupe the credulous.

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 5:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post
    Kinda' off topic, but the obvious thing that occurs to me is that real fighters who get hit by real fighters don't do any combat ki stuff. Anyone want to speculate on why they don't field chin or temple shots? Or get in the ring & dominate with their magical imperviousness to punishment? It's yet another parlor trick to dupe the credulous.
    Not off topic at all. Its the point! Lets see them take a right hook from a solid MMA/Boxer/Kickboxer and then we'll talk.

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 7:06pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark -- I recognize that it's parlor tricks, physics and BS. What are your thoughts on the video with Genki Sudo:

YouTube- Genki Sudo Juko kai

(And I recognize that he did not hit the guy anywhere that would be likely to knock him out.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 7:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll let MTripp comment but, I can point out many of the tricks myself.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast