Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anti Terror Combat

A friend asked me what I thought of Anti Terror Combat: antiterrorcombat (dotcom) as she was thinking of attending a seminar in her home town.

I've looked at website/ Facebook and all their videos on YouTube
    and it seems to me that the they are teaching techniques that work really well against someone standing very still.

It worries me that systems like this that profess to teach self protection may simply be putting people in danger by having their students believe they can handle themselves in aggressive situations.

I am going to recommend my friend not to go to this class but I thought I'd like to get your views.

Fire at will...

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well here is their Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrO...mE6Z5wCnyUTabg

Here is the video which is on the front page of their website http://www.antiterrorcombat.com

The Meet the Team page has plenty of red flags ranging from http://antiterrorcombat.com/meet-the-team/
    For the last 5 years I have practiced meditation under the guidance of Buddhist monks at my local monastery, this is still ongoing with the insight to teach and help others to find inner peace.
    to

Master Horst Lindenau has 30 years of martial arts training, most of this time as a graduated sports teacher and black belt holder of several disciplines. Training of police units and security staff also included, as special self defence courses for rape victims and of course 1000’s of students who wanted to learn martial art and self defence of this great master. Today there are several masters and grandmasters worldwide that have studied under master Horst Lindenau and been his students for years.
    to

Martial artist Steve Powell looks back to a busy life with British Army service, security work in the private sector and training students in the art of Karate. His journey into martial arts started in his childhood, he first trained in the traditional Japanese style Wado-Ryu. After reaching black belt he then moved on to a new style Shotokan Karate and also trained in kick boxing and the Russian art systema to build on the martial art knowledge he had already gained.

and let us not over look their four tiered membership plans
    http://antiterrorcombat.com/product/...ic-membership/

These guys appear to be useless and out for your money.
    I haven't gone through the videos yet, so it may get even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should share this thread with her

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125904

Any sort of self protection seminar is generally going to be pretty bad.
    Fighting is a complex thing and its not something that can be learned in a few hours.
    Self Defense requires the ability to fight.
    This is the way I look at it, lets take Chess, sure you could go to a seminar and learn how the different pieces work, you can learn the rules. They can teach you the queens gambit or some other series of moves.
    However would you seriously want to bet your well being on your ability to win a chess match after that seminar?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys have to be Satire.

There is no way ^that^ was serious or could be taken seriously by anyone who has ever swung a baseball bat.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your replies guys, they confirm what I suspected (that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).

I think I would advocate that my friend keep fit, vigilant and out of trouble.

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlatl View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys, they confirm what I suspected (that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).

I think I would advocate that my friend keep fit, vigilant and out of trouble.
    Judo and BJJ have proven track records in and out of the sport environment. There are methods of self defense that work and none of them are gender specific. Hard training in an alive environment on a regular basis (2+ hours a week) is the the only way to increase your level self defense skills without adding weapons and weapon training... and then again you have the problem of it is not a short cut. You still have train regularly with good instruction.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I would like to point out that they are in fact wearing ninja shoes. I don't think that there's any Footwear that can remove credibility in quite the same way.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the web site for Horst Lindenau (chief instructor) actual school. It looks pretty lame. I haven't dug into it yet tho.

http://jiu-jitsuinbridport.blogspot.com/

Steve Powell shares a name with a number of douchebags ranging from kidnappers to pedophiles so he is kinda hard to look up ... Melvyn Wright claims to have taught firearms for 15 years but I can't find anything on him except some stuff about being a British Organ Grinder and Busker.

I am sure we can find more specifics in time.

Oh found another one of Horsts sites.. and this one has Steve on it too.

http://ichinenbridport.com/

This martial arts school is specialized in realistic street self defence. Master Horst is a former Anti-Terrorkampf Master (German based self defence system) and our self defence training is based on real life situations combined with use of modern video technology and psycho drills. All trainings are suitable for men and women. You can join at any time and beginners are very welcome. For the Anti Terror Combat training you need to be minimum 16 years old. You can join the Jiu-Jitsu lessons if you over 13 years old.
    specialized in realistic street self defence
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/13/2016 1:32pm at .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's a authentic looking certificate what with the sharpie-in name and rank...

issuer of the certificate: http://www.maa-i.com/

http://jiu-jitsuinbridport.blogspot.com/

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.maa-i.com/repraesentant/index.html

I mean, how much more blatant can it get ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Page 1 of 3 123 Last