Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/26/2009 10:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pumped to be visiting home, first time in 3? years. Unfortunately (much like me) lots of my old Shotokan people moved/split ways and aren't all at one place doing their thing together anymore which is sad, but I still expect to see a couple of them individually and will attempt to bring at least one other person if we get anything going Dec 21-23 or 26-28.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 1:17pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BUMP. Camelspider, Serge, &c -- what's the skinny?
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
    BUMP. Camelspider, Serge, &c -- what's the skinny?
    Steve (sambosteve) and I were just talking about the slow holidays at this place, but he and I definitely want to get together. Some of his students might be game. Maybe we can do a holiday TD? Or just practice our Sim Lum Tau...

HOLIDAY TD AND EGG-NOGG GUZZLEFESTIVUS!!

Ming Loyalist is asian so I don't think he even takes the holidays off but we might be able to get him to join?

Jack-old boy, did Steve get a message re: this thread as well?
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My club will be closed from Dec 24 - Jan 1, but if people are down we, can pick a day for a holiday TD.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys just pick any day between 20-28 (except 24th and 25th) and I'll be there! I'm sure your schedules are more restrictive than mine...I ain't got **** to do except hang out with family/friends and have fun for 8 days.

If we wind up needing a locale besides what SamboSteve offered I might be able to work something out, but you probably don't want my help with that as it would involve you going all the way into Jamaica.
    Last edited by maofas; 12/15/2009 2:44pm at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by egg-nog puke View Post
    Ming Loyalist is asian so I don't think he even takes the holidays off but we might be able to get him to join?
    what's a holiday?

seriously, though, i'll only be gone for the 24th-27th, and i'd be down to meet up if you all are, so let me know.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 3:46pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in town, irreligious and have no family, so whatever. Also, I'm an injury mess at present (left ankle and mid back) so this get together will probably be more social than sportive for me.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 4:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will let Serge pick the day....
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 6:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    I will let Serge pick the day....
    20/21/22 We get into PA on the 19th so 20th might be tight.

Jack, you could watch and listen to some old-timey preachin'bout the Jebzus while we're there. I get all twitchy in the boring-ass PA countryside so having some fightin to look forward to always helps :-)
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 6:14pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by egg-nog puke View Post
    20/21/22 We get into PA on the 19th so 20th might be tight.

Jack, you could watch and listen to some old-timey preachin'bout the Jebzus while we're there. I get all twitchy in the boring-ass PA countryside so having some fightin to look forward to always helps :-)
    Where in PA are you going to be?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast