Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread: Bruce Tegner

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you read the judo/karate and self-defense books, you'll see that what was written is still valid to this day, the aikido and kung fu books used his name but the work that was shown was done by individuals with rank in those arts.,
    I'd always wondered about that - whatever bios I've seen about him, they never mention him having any kung fu background. Considering the time period, it wasn't that odd to have someone just make things up (plus ca change, plus ca meme chose) so I just assumed that was the case.

Any info on who was in the kung-fu book?

Style
    Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

email reply

Quote Originally Posted by jukado1 View Post
    Mr. Morgan, I can be reached at jukado1at yahoo.com, I'm always glad to discuss Bruce Tegner,
    I sent a message to the email address given,this was on the 16th dec. i hope you recieved it as i am looking forward to having a discussion on Bruce Tegner with you.

Style
    Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bruce Tegner biog.

I have written a 37 page,7000 word biography of bruce tegner complete with 2 dozen photos. I have tried to make it more in-depth by contacting some of his former students via the internet, as i have had no reply from anyone the book will have to stand as it is. If anyone would like a copy,leave a message on this site and i'llseewhat i can do.

Style
    jukado
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bruce Tegner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpmonster View Post
    I have written a 37 page,7000 word biography of bruce tegner complete with 2 dozen photos. I have tried to make it more in-depth by contacting some of his former students via the internet, as i have had no reply from anyone the book will have to stand as it is. If anyone would like a copy,leave a message on this site and i'llseewhat i can do.
    mr. Morgan, I thought I did get back to you on yahoo email,

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    (plus ca change, plus ca meme chose)
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy thread resurrection! This thing was started in 2004. It is a veritable treasure trove of classic bullshido posters. Justme. Ronin. Aus. Anthony. Jeez Louis. And lol at how a couple of guys keep responding to posts in this thread every 6 months or so!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mr. Tegner

He is past due his credit. I recall being in a bookstore when I was very young, after looking through comic books, seeing a book with a guy throwing a guy. I picked it up and glanced through it. My dad seen me with it, and asked "if you want it, put the comics back". I came home with that book Mr. Tegner Judkado. It started me down my martial art path. Was it as detailed and great as what we have today, no way. But, think of the time, that was the only real source of "quality" information and am sure a great many artist got their start from it. It was a time before the "explosion" of material, when there was very few schools in every town, and few knew what karate or judo was. I do recall, seeing "bad day at black rock" on TV, and the scene with one armed Spencer Tracy against Ernest Borgnine, inspired me. Later, is when I found out of course it was Mr. Tegner who did the work. I think he deserves credit.

Style
    Recovery(lung surgeries)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    Holy thread resurrection! This thing was started in 2004. It is a veritable treasure trove of classic bullshido posters. Justme. Ronin. Aus. Anthony. Jeez Louis. And lol at how a couple of guys keep responding to posts in this thread every 6 months or so!
    It took the forum about a year to find the thread this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456