Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 9:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Was he biting the Hand that feeds him, as 'twere or just trying to start a Controversy?
    Neither one I think. Rogan just pretty much says whatever he feels like saying. When they showed Demi Moore and he called her Ozzy, I just about fell out of my chair. :evil6:

Also he backtracked and said that only like 20% of people from LA are douchebags, which in my experience is pretty low for all over.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    After living in LA for 5 years, I can confirm the place is a douchebag magnet. But ehhh, I hear similar things about Jersey. . .
    no, no, no...

douchebags breed in jersey. they are drawn to LA.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 10:14am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogan LOL funny dude.

The UFC has no rule nor does the athletic commission about doing more striking. They have a rule against STALLING or lack of action. The thing is before a show the fighters are given a talking to about going out there and doing their best and fighting their asses off. They are told about this chunk of cash they will get if they go out and give their all.

Now how this translates in the fighters mind is on them and their corner. If they decide to just stand and bang and hope to get FOTN or the KO bonus that is on them. If they go out and say LnP to just get the win and not worry about the bonus, that is on them. The thing is there is a financial incentive to go out and be exciting. It is up to them on how they want to win a fight.

In the end they, the UFC, and you, the fans, want to see an exciting show. They want to see two guys go out and give 110%. They just do not want to see 2 guys ass hump each other for 15 min. If you grapple then grapple to win. Be dynamic go after submissions, pass the guard, beat on his fucking ribs like a drum make people want to see you on the ground. Give them the HOLY **** DID YOU SEE THAT? moment when a submission comes out of nowhere. It can be done on the ground. It's just easier to swing at the guys head for the KO.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 11:58am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    no, no, no...

Oh my god, thats exactly what I thought when I read that post.

"No, Jersey is more of a farm than a magnet."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 12:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Atleast Rogan still has the balls to speak out, same when he drilled the "Tapout Army" and fight shirt tough guys.......He speaks it as he sees it......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 8:07pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    no, no, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    Oh my god, thats exactly what I thought when I read that post.

"No, Jersey is more of a farm than a magnet."
    ehhhhhh, **** youse both

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 10:02pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniq View Post
    **** it, man I agree. I hate retarded fans that boo unless they see a KO. There are still people that boo grappling when they aren't franticly scrambling so that the retard with the black shirt doesn't stand them up.
    exactly.

I truly believe those kind of fans follow (NOT)professional wrestling so close too.it is the same audience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2009 8:02am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    Atleast Rogan still has the balls to speak out, same when he drilled the "Tapout Army" and fight shirt tough guys.......He speaks it as he sees it......
    You mean like "That's not Ozzy Osbourne, it's Demi Moore... she must be sucking Ashton's blood every night."

His last standup show, what was it, Monkeys in Space or something, was really funny.

Posted On:
    10/30/2009 7:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Also he backtracked and said that only like 20% of people from LA are douchebags, which in my experience is pretty low for all over.
    Yeah, that's awfully generous of him. It looked like the other way around last time I was there...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234