Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 10:11pm

Style: Sanda ,Sub Grap,Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LA is filled with retards who are liars and looking to sell their soul for a little bit of fame and glamour. Bunch of douchebags is right. Now I am not saying everyone who lives there is one, but I know of a couple and heard bullshit stories.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 3:04am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After living in LA for 5 years, I can confirm the place is a douchebag magnet. But ehhh, I hear similar things about Jersey. . .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 3:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    Point taken Rafe...

But it still bugs the crap put of me... It's not boxing, it's MMA and MMA should have decent grappling. Not just a nod in it's general direction.
    Sure. I share your opinion there; however, one of the ways to make grappling more spectacular would maybe be to enhance the rules a bit. Pride in its day also had amazing grappling scenes. In the UFC, whenever a fight goes to the ground, things tend to get boring.

Also, the cards in the UFC, while always good, are mostly too even to be spectacular. Overeem against the dude that has lost like ten of his fights in under 60 secs, that's spectacular, though maybe not very artful.
    On the contrary, UFC Fight Night 19 showed some great martial arts, but I almost drooled because it was so boring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 4:38am

Style: Liquid Schwartz

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, with Rogan being the Queen of L.A. douchebags, he would know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 6:50am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    I heard somewhere, (So it may not be true, just a rumour) that the rule in the UFC are being adjusted to encourage more stand-up and decrease the amount of grappling. Stand up and knock outs making for more exciting television...

If this is the case, this strikes me as retarded... If you want lots of stand-up and bombastic knock outs, **** off and watch the boxing!!

The whole point of MMA, as a spectacle, is the possibility of grappling...

Amirite...?
    Yeah man, because look at how many times at ufc 104 the ref stood the fighters up!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 2:51pm

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 5:18pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Sure. I share your opinion there; however, one of the ways to make grappling more spectacular would maybe be to enhance the rules a bit. Pride in its day also had amazing grappling scenes. In the UFC, whenever a fight goes to the ground, things tend to get boring.

Also, the cards in the UFC, while always good, are mostly too even to be spectacular. Overeem against the dude that has lost like ten of his fights in under 60 secs, that's spectacular, though maybe not very artful.
    On the contrary, UFC Fight Night 19 showed some great martial arts, but I almost drooled because it was so boring.
    I really think the UFC would benefit greatly from implementing a yellow card system. Despite that it's somewhat ambiguous and at the discretion of the referee (and we all know that certain refs seem to have heavy brain damage), it would still be a positive addition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 6:29pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post

So what you're saying is bring back soccer kicks and stomps? I agree.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 6:47pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    After living in LA for 5 years, I can confirm the place is a douchebag magnet. But ehhh, I hear similar things about Jersey. . .
    Didn't Anderson Silva fight in Jersey(UFC10?) when a fight broke out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 8:11pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, the piece of **** fans in Philly can take that honor. One of my friends who was at that fight said there were more people watching the fight in the stands than in the cage. Even Dana White was standing up and watching.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast