Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by det0n8r View Post
    The man on this website, Joel Rodriguez, is the same person who was behaving like a bully towards a woman, in public view, and made a complete ass of himself. If this kind of behavior is what Kung Fu is about, you can count me out.

What are your thoughts on Rampage Jackson's reckless driving?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just thought I'd bring it to the attention of his colleagues. I don't practice, and was hoping that anyone who knows him or his master might give him some words.

I don't think it really matters what was said to him, the way he was carrying on was completely immature, and not the type of behavior that I would expect a master of anything to exhibit, especially in front of so many people.

All I'm saying is that he gives the art a bad reputation, and should probably be reprimanded in some way, that is if anyone cares enough about the reputation of the art.
    Why?

Was it him?
    Was it his son?
    Was the car stolen.

It does matter what happened.
    If she cursed him quietly and he was louder who is wrong?
    What if she just broke up with him?
    What if she stole something?
    What if he was wrong?

People have emotions and nothing makes it a guarantee how they will react. To blame an entire art, like you just did, is just as immature.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But you just don't get it, IIF! MA teachers are supposed to be impeccable at all times.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SharinganUser View Post
    How do we know that the OP isn't a competitor of the "master" that allegedly bullied some woman, and is just spreading a lie here?
    Or a pissed off former student, or a pissed off ex-lover/girlfriend/wife, or any other relation that might have some reason to have a grudge against this guy.

If there's no proof of this accusation then it's just an unfounded accusation (and may open the accuser up to some sort of civil litigation).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.eagleclawatl.com/

"Master Joel Rodriguez's ability to teach the necessary techniques and knowledge to perform kung fu properly is one of his strong points."

Cause teaching bad kung fu aint good.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    To blame an entire art, like you just did, is just as immature.
    I guess I just expect a martial arts master to have more self control than to rant on a perfect stranger (which I'm sure she was) in the middle of a public place. I was always under the impression that self-control was essential to mastering arts such as Kung Fu, and especially Tai Chi.

People piss me off all the time, and I do get upset, but I have never shown my ass like that to someone, just because they might have cut in line, or made a remark that I didn't like.

I'm not a master of any martial art, nor do I consider myself a *****, or pacifist. I do feel that I have enough respect for myself, and others around me, that I don't have to raise my voice and scream obscenities at a complete stranger, especially a woman, just because they rubbed me the wrong way.

He was being a bully, and that is what really irked me about the situation.
    Last edited by det0n8r; 10/25/2009 9:33pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    Or a pissed off former student, or a pissed off ex-lover/girlfriend/wife, or any other relation that might have some reason to have a grudge against this guy.

If there's no proof of this accusation then it's just an unfounded accusation (and may open the accuser up to some sort of civil litigation).
    My wife and I both witnessed the event, along with the entire staff, and I'm sure the victim would also testify to the situation if a slander charge were to ever arise. Not to mention surveillance footage of the register and exterior of the building.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    But you just don't get it, IIF! MA teachers are supposed to be impeccable at all times.
    Shouldn't they be a shining example of what their discipline is founded on? Everyone around was in shock at how loud and mean he was being.

I guess you would have had to witness the situation to really understand my disgust.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife and I both witnessed the event, along with the entire staff, and I'm sure the victim would also testify to the situation if a slander charge were to ever arise. Not to mention surveillance footage of the register and exterior of the building.

Victim? Was she stabbed? Shot? Did he dump her in the dumpster round the back?

On what grounds do you base the fact she was a stranger to the man?

Whos testifying about what?

Survelience footage?

God damn you get excited......

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 9:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    God damn you get excited......
    I was just responding to the civil litigation comment. I'm not trying to sabotage his business, I just feel like his peers should be made aware of his actions.

And yes, I believe she was a victim of a bully. If you witnessed the encounter, I'm sure you would agree. I'm sorry that I didn't whip out my phone and record the event, I was trying to check out. If she wasn't a victim, why did the security officer approach him?

Also, he was trying to provoke her, knowing full well that he could destroy anyone in the building if he wanted to. He was blatantly abusing his power as an MA master, which I felt was unacceptable.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast