...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very funny OP.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 7:28pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yall beat me to the Miranda question and Sam is dead on about the "crack rental".

I don't know where the idea that not having miranda read to you somehow means that your arrest was invalid came from..but if I had a dime for every time I heard it.....

Diesel caught it square....you need custody AND interrogation to need miranda. If you are free to go and/or I didn't ask you a question, miranda isn't needed.

Even if I interrogated you without miranda, all that really means is that the stuff you said cant be used as evidence. It doesn't "make your arrest invalid". If the words you said are essential to my case it can kill any chance of a conviction, but it's not a "magic unarrester".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 7:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Miranda himself was convicted on a re-trial after the supreme court case and was eventually stabbed to death.

Sometimes justice is served to those who slip through the cracks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 3:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great post. Thank you.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    “As far as I know” (usually in response to a question about warrants, licenses, presence of illegal items)— I don’t know if the warrant was issued yet. I can’t remember when the protective order expires. I’m unsure if the suspension took effect yet.
    I was walking home late at night from a booty call and got stopped by an LA county deputy who told me they had a report of someone committing vandalism who matched my description. He patted me down for weapons and asked me if I had any warrants. I replied "no." His partner was running my driver's license number at the same time. He went over to his partner and they talked for a few seconds and he comes back to me and asks "Are you sure you don't have any warrants?" To which I replied, truthfully, "As far as I know I don't have any warrants."

(I didn't)

Of course "We have a report of a suspect matching your description" has its own what he said/what he really means translation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 12:22pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    Of course "We have a report of a suspect matching your description" has its own what he said/what he really means translation.
    I was going to reply to this earlier today, mentioning that I seem to fit your standard description of anything that goes on around here. Then I get the following security alert today with these descriptions:
    The two suspects were described as:

- unshaven Caucasian male with a slim build, approximately 19 years old & 5'10" tall with short brown hair. He was wearing a black jacket, white shirt and jeans.
    - clean shaven Caucasian male with a slim build, approximately 19 years old & 6' tall with short brown hair, and wearing black glasses.
    Guess who is a caucasian male with a slim build, 5'10" tall with short brown hair and a black jacket?

I pretend I look 19...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 5:20pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    I was walking home late at night from a booty call and got stopped by an LA county deputy who told me they had a report of someone committing vandalism who matched my description.

The best part is when you have your attorney request a transcript of the call.

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 5:33pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I got arrested I was never read my rights. I told them flat out ya I know I fucked up, my mistake.
    In the back of my head I thought, hey these guys never read me my rights! Maybe I'll walk- kinda thing.

I think 99% of the people here believed the same BS about not being read your rights = automatic get out of jail card.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 5:45pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother is a cop in north London. He goes spare over people getting in trouble and then using "legal defences" they got from watching US cop drama...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 9:33pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    When I got arrested I was never read my rights. .

GS, Aren't you Canadian? What is the Canadian version of the Miranda warnings?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast