Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 1:10am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF1394 View Post

Good bye forever, make whatever dimwitted comments you want. I am never returning to this website, because it is lame!!!

Bye.:thebirdma

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF1394 View Post

I don't care if someone passes my guard because I don't train for competition and points; I train in self defense. For example, in certain situations I will invite the person to go straight to the mount out of strategy because I know my upa escape is better to turn the situation around if the person is better than me. This translates into being self defense minded by always trying to improve my position in an efficient manner.
    You do realize that being mounted is worse then having guard right? It's due to the fact that in a non competition SOMEONE CAN POUND YOUR FACE IN. I don't think you train for self defense, actually I doubt you train at all.

Tell me WTF, whats your backround in grappling? What level? How many years training? How often? Ever win anything worth mentioning?

Put yourself up on the pedestal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 2:15am

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL let someone take the mount so you can upa out? Are you fucking serious?

Oh no, someone won on points. Yeah, because fights should last 14 hours, otherwise it's not teh awesome. That's ridiculous.

Seriously, these are the same assholes that think Leo Vieira needs to rematch Eddie Bravo because Leo didn't win via sub and somehow Eddie would have gotten won had the match only been 'end via submission,' the same assholes that criticize ADCC-champ Arona for being more of a position player. STFU. Even the old school greats reiterated the adage that it's position before submission.

Holy ****, WTF1394 must be VICTOR PARLATI!!!

Note: Seriously, I'm ust kidding. I can't prove it's him and it probably isn't. But...self-defense edge, submissions before position, etc. It sounds like him.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 1:39pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a shame. I was really hoping this thread would end with a video of me passing WTF's guard and making him hit himself with his own hand until he started to cry and beg for mercy.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey View Post
    That's a shame. I was really hoping this thread would end with a video of me passing WTF's guard and making him hit himself with his own hand until he started to cry and beg for mercy.
    I'd pay $5 to see that.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 5:15am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    You do realize that being mounted is worse then having guard right? It's due to the fact that in a non competition SOMEONE CAN POUND YOUR FACE IN.
    Also worth noting that the people who push BJJ as self defence the most, the Gracie Academy, rather like the guard for self defence. Check out their punch block series, which is Lesson 8 of the Gracie Combatives course.

I babble about it on the review.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Punch Block.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	10744  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123