Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    AlphaFoxtrot51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,747
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Steve, question. What's the impact felt on the shoulder? Is there an extra strain placed there because of the positioning and motion of the arm? Is there an increased chance of taking an injury using that strike?
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

    Christmas Tag Wishlist:



  2. #32
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually done this type of punch while sparring. It wasn't as sharp as Fedor's but it had the same concept: I striked my partner's temple with my top knuckles and used a lot of hip and back-foot movement. It's not the same as your traditional boxing punches but it knocks the wind out of the guy and breaks through his defences pretty effectlivly.

    Good video SamboSteve, it will definitly help me in sharpening up this punch. I know what I'm going to be drilling on the heavy bag :D

  3. #33
    MMAMickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,742
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateman911 View Post
    It's not the same as your traditional boxing punches but it knocks the wind out of the guy and breaks through his defences pretty effectlivly
    knocks the wond out of him? methinks you're hitting a bit low

  4. #34
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    knocks the wond out of him? methinks you're hitting a bit low

    i said wind

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateman911 View Post
    i said wind
    Doesn't matter if you said wind. You're still hitting a little low. In other words you said "I striked my partner's temple with my top knuckles ".

    How does hitting somebody in the temple knock the "wind" out of somebody?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateman911 View Post
    I've actually done this type of punch while sparring. It wasn't as sharp as Fedor's but it had the same concept: I striked my partner's temple with my top knuckles and used a lot of hip and back-foot movement. It's not the same as your traditional boxing punches but it knocks the wind out of the guy and breaks through his defences pretty effectlivly.

    Good video SamboSteve, it will definitly help me in sharpening up this punch. I know what I'm going to be drilling on the heavy bag :D
    Do you do SAMBO karateman911?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's not allowed to post on this anymore alpha.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Morehead Ky
    Posts
    441
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post

    **** yeah! Still working it, and loving it.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say, I tried this punch sparring one time and it's soo good for setting up throws. I mean I know it's been said before, and tested, and my word means pretty much nothing, but I gotta say it clicked soo good. Hitting throws with that punch is a rush.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO