Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. That's some real bullshit. If anyone still has all their TUF episodes taped, they should make a video comparing Kimbo's after-fight treatment to everyone else's on Team Rampage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:26am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the worst triangle attempts in the history of MMA, only eclipsed by an even worse triangle escape.

This is beyond sad.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering last night why I bother to watch the show at all. It's like the last season of the Sopranos, I keep thinking it has to get better.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:54am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another shitty fight.

Dana really fucked up with this series IMO:

Because of the Kimbo factor he's going to get alot more viewers this time round and subsequently will get more people watching who are new to MMA. A house full of overweight sub par fighters is not going to do the sport any good at all. This show should be for the best up and comers from around the world to fight it out and get a contract with the UFC but in reality the selection process seems to be more concerned with picking 'characters' than talent.

In my opinion there's only 5-6 guys who should actually be in that House.

Anyone being exposed to MMA for the first time from this series is going to have a pretty low opinion of the sport.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:58am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually didn't think the fight was that shitty. Yeah the triangle was slow and should have been escaped, but the standup portion was good. Schoonover showed good hands and good use of the clinch.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I hadn't seen those later entries. Damn.

What hit me last night was this: we sit at home and divide these teams into OK-to-pretty-good fighters on Rashad's team, and honestly, as of last night, a pack of grinning fools on Rampage's team. Ha ha, it's fun drama because there's a clear good guy and bad guy. But these fighters on Rampage's team . . . . how were they not expressing anger by week six over the total waste of a great career opportunity?

I want to write for a living one day, I don't think that's any secret. If someone offered to send me to, say, an Orson Scott Card Book Camp and I had to give up my family for weeks and live on camera to do it, I'd probably do it. But if I did all that because I thought I had this big opportunity to find out whether I've really got what it takes, and when I got there they gave me Ashida Kim and Phil Elmore for my writing coaches, by the sixth week of these two douchebags making my writing worse and refusing to coach me in any way--plus the disasters that resulted when they actually tried to give me real advice like "Come on! Just write good! Stop givin' up on yourself and write good!"--I'd be pissed off.

Rampage should have the self-awareness to understand that he's not a coach (as he said explicitly at the beginning of season 8) and refuse to coach on this show. White and company should have the decency to provide a real coach for eight up-and-coming young fighters they're at least pretending to have interest in. SpikeTV should . . . . well, that's a ridiculous thought, but I stand by the rest.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 10/22/2009 10:09am at .

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Are they after a douchebag demographic now?

Uh...did you say NOW?

Face it, Dana White, co-owner or no, wouldn't ever have been allowed anywhere near a TV camera or a PR list if UFC wasn't looking to dominate the douchebag demo.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Like selfcritical said, there are actually a few solid guys, but the **** factor is just fucking blinding.
    These first round fights aren't much worse than those in seasons past where they also didn't fight to get on the show.

The **** factor isn't any higher than usual. The difference is that it is just concentrated. Rashad, being a good coach and having a good assisting staff, picked a good team. Rampage does not have several of those things.

Also, they always give the ****-ups more airtime.

As for the triangle, I was shocked to see it go on as slowly as it did. I figured Schoonooooveooer (sp) had Jensen rocked pretty badly at that point, aiding him getting that triangle. I've no idea, frankly, why Jensen didn't defend it. At the same time, I was really surprised that Sho. didn't give it up with Jensen just turning basically to side and nothing on the choke at that point. Good for Sho. keeping it and finally cinching it in.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 10:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    I've no idea, frankly, why Jensen didn't defend it.
    (well, actually I do)

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 11:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't Rampage at least held the focus mitts and go through his "titties" soliloquy while his guy warmed up?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast