218358 Bullies, 5836 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kickboxer -- Multiple Attackers

CRIME: Martial arts star attacked in pub

WORLD karate star Clifton Findley had part of his ear bitten off when a brawl broke out in a Peterborough pub.

The 6ft 3ins tall former world champion said today that he did not throw punches back when he found himself out-numbered by a gang of eight men.

Mr Findley (37) was kicked, punched and knocked to the floor during the melee in the Solstice pub in New Road.

One of the men then sat on him, and someone else bit a chunk out of his left ear.

Mr Findley, who still competes in kick-boxing bouts and holds martial arts classes in Peterborough, said trouble broke out in the early hours of Saturday after he had been talking to city boxing promoter Kevin Sanders, who had earlier hosted a sportsman's dinner in the Tara Suite, above the pub.

Mr Findley, a father-of-five, said it was after he finished his conversation with Mr Sanders, and turned away, that the group of men started punching and kicking him.

He said: "These people obviously thought I was about to have a fight, and they jumped on me.

"There were kicks and punches from all directions and they got me on the floor. I didn't throw any punches myself because I would have got 10 in return, so I curled up in a ball to protect myself I know how to do that because of my training.

"My ear bled quite a lot, and I had to go to hospital. I've been told that it will never be the same.

"I've lost about 10 per cent off the side of the ear. It's horrible for my kids they are really upset it happened."

Mr Sanders said he did not see the fight start.

Mr Findley won the World Union of Martial Arts (WUMA) title in 1998 and the World Karate Association (WKA) title in the same year at a tournament in Canada.

He was voted the Evening Telegraph's Sports Personality of the Year in 2001 and has coached the British kickboxing team.

http://www.peterboroughet.co.uk/View...ticleID=733652
    Last edited by blankslate; 2/05/2004 12:30am at .

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 12:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tough one,.... multiple attackers, tried the 'fetal' to no avail...survived it.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I curled up in a ball to protect myself I know how to do that because of my training.
    I wish I knew how to curl up in a ball.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:03am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOWWAITAMINUTE!!!! Doesn't he know it's not a good idea to go to the gournd in a multiple opponent fight???

Mr Findley (37) was... knocked to the floor during the melee in the Solstice pub in New Road. One of the men then sat on him...
    Sheesh. Good thing he didn't try any grappling, 'cause that stuff is useless on THE STREET (tm).

:rolleyes:

Matt

X

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well... -> 8 <- opponents... Not much else you can do ;)

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 8:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhhh come on the guy was attacked by eight people for heavens sake. ANy one be it grappler,striker,stand up fighting,groundfighting whatever...anyone attcked by eight individuals all at the one time is finished. I mean you have absolutly no chance despite how much martial arts you have been trained in.Don't believe what happens in the movies.

You may take out one maybe two,but with six others punching and kicking you ..no chance.In real life situations like that the best thing for you to do is the 100 meter sprint in the opposite direction.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...that fucking sucks man. i hope he finds every one of those guys alone somewhere.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/05/2004 10:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you curl up in a ball, put your hands over your head and try to touch your elbows together. Bring your knees up towards your shoulders, tense your abdominal muscles and be thankful you are alive. Look for an opportunity to get up and run.

Hopefully, they will target your face and frontal targets which should be more or less protected. The untrained will hopefully not go for the spine and kidneys.

In a bar, you would also hope that the intent was not to murder but to just hand out a good beating.

End result, he is still alive for his children.

There was not much the guy could have done based on what we know about in this story.

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 4:07pm

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wish he could have made a couple of them pay

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2004 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Linking to the article showed he is Black, I wonder if that had something to do with the attack. Sounds like he was blindsided and jumped. If he'd fought back they might have stomped his head, not just bit his ear.

One of my bb buddies got a gang after him and he tried the old 'nail one hard and the rest will be so impressed that they leave you alone' trick and he said they were so impressed that he'd knocked one down and out that they all jumped him. He ran and dive rolled over a big hedge and escaped.

Sad story, I hope the attackers do time.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast