Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 8:18am

Style: Jiu Jits, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Drill View Post
    Lately there has been quite a bit of derogatory, slanderous comments made by certain individuals about Baker's Martial Arts in San Angelo, Texas, referrring to the gym as a "McDojo" and suggesting that the BJJ taught and practiced there is a joke.

I will not sink to these people's level and argue with them. I will simply tell all of you that I have been a student at Baker's for the last three years. I am also a Senior NCO in the Army and a former Drill Sergeant. In short, I'd like to think I know what a high degree of professionalism and competence looks and feels like.

I can honestly say that in these last three years, I have seen many "so called" experts come and go, usually because they can't handle the calibur of students that roll at Baker's. Most recently, an Air Force individual, who would have long ago been kicked out of the Army for miserably failing to meet the height/weight standards, has been spreading the most preposterous allegations of ripping through all of the senior belts at the dojo, as well as being very disrespectful to Mr. Troy Baker, the owner and instructor.

I have witnessed this man first hand after only a short, five minute roll, look like he was in dire need of an O2 mask! But again, I will not engage in the preverbial "he said...she said" on this topic. I will, however, make this suggestion to anybody claiming that Baker's Martial Arts is anything less than a legitimate BJJ school.

Please come on down any Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday at 6:30 PM and bring a cam-corder. Record your "triumphant victory" for posterity and broadcast it all over Youtube and anywhere else you like. People, I submit to you that you will never see such a video, because apart from having a black belt in blogging, none of these "experts" have the testicular fortitude to actually come in and take it to the mat!

Seriously, how easy would it be to prove their point once and for all by simply coming down and bringing a video camera! And yet, you'll never see any such video because the type of people to blog so bravely from behind the safety of a keyboard would never actually let their actions to speak for themselves, but rather continue making their nonsensical, and absolutely false claims of BJJ prowess.

In all of the time that I have been a student at Baker's, I can honestly say I have NEVER seen anybody come in off the street and wipe the mats with any of our senior belts. I challenge anybody to actually provide any physical proof to the contrary.
    Just so I could read it.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is very strange that so many people claim Baker's Martial Arts is a fraud, because a majority of the people on this forum do not live in the same state where Baker's Martial Arts is located.

A forum was started several years ago by an individual using zookrider as a username. This individual was just upset that he was being submitted constantly by Baker's students. Zookrider also claimed it was impossible for Master Troy Baker to teach more than one martial arts discipline.

Visit the website: http://www.mindspring.com/~martialarts/resume.html.

The info that zookrider posted on this forum is false. I wonder why so many people believed this individual eventhough they have never visited Baker's Martial Arts.

Troy Baker is more than qualified to teach all of the disciplines that he does. Not to mention that he received his black belt in Modern Arnis by Grandmaster Ernesto Presas.

Baker's Martial Arts is a friendly dojo where all of the martial arts practitioners are respectful to each other. We do not trash talk other martial arts dojos like a majority of individuals on this forum do. Instead of believing all of the false statements that people post on these forums, just pay a visit to Baker's Martial Arts, and I'm sure you will be impressed with Baker's knowledge of jiu-jitsu.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 6:12pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uchiha Magician, **** you, idiot. Most of us have read the other thread and know the deceit and lies of which you are supporting. By posting this drivel you have opened a can of worms like Tremors.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 8:50pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Magician View Post
    and I'm sure you will be impressed with Baker's knowledge of jiu-jitsu.

I would be more impressed of your knowledge of Troy Bakers anus.....**** off and die ass clown......

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 8:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently, Baker's trains at least two students that lie and can't read.

Also, it is a thread not a forum.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 8:11am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Troy Baker is more than qualified to teach all of the disciplines that he does. Not to mention that he received his black belt in Modern Arnis by Grandmaster Ernesto Presas.
    Funny that Ernesto Presas would've ranked him in Modern Arnis, since his art is called Kombatan.

(or was it the late Remy Presas who ranked him, and you're just a dumb-ass?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 11:51am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is very strange that so many people claim Baker's Martial Arts is a fraud, because a majority of the people on this forum do not live in the same state where Baker's Martial Arts is located.

Can you say ROADTRIP? If Mr. Baker is so very good and his fighters are studs, then he should show up at a TD and prove what he says. There is really no other way to end this debate. If he or his students tear some people up, then he is what he is. If not, he needs to shut down and join the unemployed.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Sociocidal sociocider

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 12:26pm

Style: Currently a SAMBO newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this thread would be about Yakitate JaPAN

YouTube - Yakitate Japan - Fist of the north star parody
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 6:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I keep wondering where the footage of Mr. Baker's students competing in local tournaments is... Despite the claimed awesomness we've never seen any video of any of the students, or Mr. Baker himself, in any kind of competition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 8:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I keep wondering where the footage of Mr. Baker's students competing in local tournaments is... Despite the claimed awesomness we've never seen any video of any of the students, or Mr. Baker himself, in any kind of competition.

Thats because they dont exist, the talent they claim doesnt exist, the instructors high levels dont exist, the competition records dont exist, the BJJ Black Belts dont exist.....

Its just a douchebag trying to do MMA teaching other douchebags who are also trying to do MMA.....Quite comedic really....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast