Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Baker's Martial Arts....The Real Thing!

Lately there has been quite a bit of derogatory, slanderous comments made by certain individuals about Baker's Martial Arts in San Angelo, Texas, referrring to the gym as a "McDojo" and suggesting that the BJJ taught and practiced there is a joke. I will not sink to these people's level and argue with them. I will simply tell all of you that I have been a student at Baker's for the last three years. I am also a Senior NCO in the Army and a former Drill Sergeant. In short, I'd like to think I know what a high degree of professionalism and competence looks and feels like. I can honestly say that in these last three years, I have seen many "so called" experts come and go, usually because they can't handle the calibur of students that roll at Baker's. Most recently, an Air Force individual, who would have long ago been kicked out of the Army for miserably failing to meet the height/weight standards, has been spreading the most preposterous allegations of ripping through all of the senior belts at the dojo, as well as being very disrespectful to Mr. Troy Baker, the owner and instructor. I have witnessed this man first hand after only a short, five minute roll, look like he was in dire need of an O2 mask! But again, I will not engage in the preverbial "he said...she said" on this topic. I will, however, make this suggestion to anybody claiming that Baker's Martial Arts is anything less than a legitimate BJJ school. Please come on down any Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday at 6:30 PM and bring a cam-corder. Record your "triumphant victory" for posterity and broadcast it all over Youtube and anywhere else you like. People, I submit to you that you will never see such a video, because apart from having a black belt in blogging, none of these "experts" have the testicular fortitude to actually come in and take it to the mat! Seriously, how easy would it be to prove their point once and for all by simply coming down and bringing a video camera! And yet, you'll never see any such video because the type of people to blog so bravely from behind the safety of a keyboard would never actually let their actions to speak for themselves, but rather continue making their nonsensical, and absolutely false claims of BJJ prowess. In all of the time that I have been a student at Baker's, I can honestly say I have NEVER seen anybody come in off the street and wipe the mats with any of our senior belts. I challenge anybody to actually provide any physical proof to the contrary.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paragraphs please. However, isn't this in reference to a school which has, indeed, had several forum members attend class there and find the instruction distinctly lacking? Do you perhaps have any video of students for Baker's competing in grappling competitions in the area to refute the accusers claims? It makes it easier on everyone if you just throw up some video of verifiable students beating ass and point to that instead of throwing a giant wall of text at us.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 10:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the forums.

Might I suggest that you allow the admins to verify your military credentials? If you're going to throw them around as anecdotal proof that you know what professionalism should "feel like" - it would make your position stronger if it were verified by the admins here.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 12:51am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is already a thread about this Baker school that is either under investigation or the investigation is complete. There is no investigation nor serious discussion to be had here and this guy has basically challenged everyone so I vote this goes to YMAS so we can thoroughly and vigourously "welcome" this wall of text posting braggart in true YMAS style, with liberal use of words that would be deemed banworthy in this hallowed web location.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 1:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a forum for investigations of Bullshido schools. Are you suggesting people re-evaluate the claims brought up in 2007 of this school?
    Baker's Martial Arts - a BJJ McDojo in San Angelo, TX - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Are you saying this school is a fraudulent business?
    Are you scared of paragraphs?

I'll move this to noob town for about 5 seconds until you calm down.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 4:03am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'll move this to noob town for about 5 seconds until you calm down.
    **** Newbietown. This is YMAS all the way. Moving now.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 4:27am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what additional facts or footage or basis for anything do you offer that will provide evidence that Bakers is not a Mcdojo of sorts?

All that I got from your incoherant ramble was a headache......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 4:34am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Drill View Post
    People, I submit to you that you will never see such a video, because apart from having a black belt in blogging, none of these "experts" have the testicular fortitude to actually come in and take it to the mat!.

Why dont you make a video then you ass hunter? Show us your tripped out skillz man!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 7:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Of course, I wanted him to feel special. I fell assleep so, he got much more than five seconds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 8:16am

Style: Jiu Jits, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    QFT

Paragraphs mutherfucker.
    Welcome to YMAS.

Baker's Martial Arts - a BJJ McDojo in San Angelo, TX - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Mr Baker has a BJJ blue belt which he received at a Royce seminar after training on his own for an unspecifed period of time. He used to be very up front about this but he currently does not advertise this fact (though it can be found on his website if you look.) He actually wears a black belt when he teaches his BJJ class.
    Is this statement untrue?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast