Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/24/2009 9:28pm

Style: mental illness recovery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

lol

AHAHAHAHA diesel! I look like a psycho, does that mean that ive got SA?

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you tried sports? Try playing defense in lacrosse or hockey. It really does wonders.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaboj View Post
    AHAHAHAHA diesel! I look like a psycho, does that mean that ive got SA?

No, you look like a psycho because you are mentally unstable. You probably have SA to, but that isn't why you look like a psycho.

And to the OP. You have got serious answers.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 6:16pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Twitcher View Post
    I've tried this to keep myself out of trouble, but I can't always keep up "code yellow." I'm primarily self taught, and I want to know how the professionals do it. I haven't gotten any serious answers here.
    OK, here's a serious answer. You don't have to be on code yellow all the time just pay attention to your surroundings and follow a few simple rules.

1. Don't act like a dick.
    2. Avoid places with lots of alcohol and testosterone.
    3. Be man enough to swallow your pride and walk away from situations. It doesn't make you a coward, it makes you smart.
    4. If your going someplace where you think you will need to be at code yellow then don't go there.
    5. If you find yourself someplace where you think you should be at code yellow - leave.

It's really not that hard to do.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 6:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Twitcher View Post
    Or police?
    The best way to truly master situational awareness is through the study of the ancient mystical art of Ninjitsu.

Really.

I'm dead serious.

Honest.

:jerkit2yf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 8:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Tai Chi, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Military, police, whatever, they are aware because they have to be aware. It takes a bit of practice, but anyone can do it. You just keep your eyes open, put your Ipod way, and look for anything that might be alarming. You have senses, so use them. My father was a pilot for over 50 years. He always stressed that if you aren't aware of what's going on you could get yourself or someone around you hurt or killed. It's the same on the road when you are driving, if you aren't aware of other drivers on the freeway, you could end up causing a serious accident. It's amazing how many accident could be avoided if idiot drivers would just be more alert.

You just have to look, listen and minimize anything that might distract you or impair your senses.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Know where you are, what the likely risks are, don't look like a sucker, and stay out of Lala Land.

Pretty succinct and to the point here. Also...never look anybody in the eyes. Eyes can deceive. Watch their hands. Hands are what ultimately are going to kill you---that is, unless you catch a Thai kick to the head or nuts. lol

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    OK, here's a serious answer. You don't have to be on code yellow all the time just pay attention to your surroundings and follow a few simple rules.
    These are pretty good, actually. I've done this stuff for years and have yet to be in a street fight. (I'm not counting drunken Navy dust-ups. Honestly, those were more like high intensity hugging sessions.)

2. Avoid places with lots of alcohol and testosterone.
    Sports Bars on UFC night are a good example. I made the mistake of going to a national wing chain and paying the cover charge. It was nuts-to-butts crowded, which makes people edgy even without adding alcohol. On top of that, arguments were breaking out left and right, several people wanted to demonstrate techniques in the bar, and the restaurant staff was doing their level best to stay the hell out of the way. Handful of folks got 86'ed.

Since then, when I do catch a UFC PPV event, we'll go to the guy's house with the nicest TV, all pitch in 10 bucks for beer and the event price, and be able to sit on a couch not having to worry about the chubster in the Affliction t-shirt who's already three piss-water pitchers into thinking he IS Randy Couture.

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 8:10pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Pretty succinct and to the point here. Also...never look anybody in the eyes. Eyes can deceive. Watch their hands. Hands are what ultimately are going to kill you---that is, unless you catch a Thai kick to the head or nuts. lol
    Really?

I always found when you look someone in the eyes and refuse to look away or look around they tend to back down more. I find people have problems keepin eye contact.
    How do you find their hands tell tale their intentions (besides grabbing a weapon etc..)
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123