Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 3:53am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Spend 6 months thinking about how to be a great mugger/rapist/burgler/etc in every place you end up.
    2. Don't do any of the things you think about.
    3. After 6 months, decide to not put yourself in the situations of which you are now better aware.
    4. ???
    5. Profit.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 5:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Move to Watts.

Let nature take it's course.

My SA developed into downright "spooky psychic territory" from living among a bunch of fucking desperate, drugged out, predatory animal pieces of ****.

Now I can tell who you are, what drugs you're taking, when the last time you took them was, and even what you're thinking about to some degree just from your body language, and the look in your eyes.

And no, I can't help you out with a dollar or a cigarette...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 6:44pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wear bacon underwear to a lezzie bar!

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:02pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody's forgotten about THE most effective training facility for developing super human situational awareness: prison!

Rob a convenience store, get caught, spend a few months in prison. When/if you get out you'll have all the SA you'll ever need.
    <insert witty comment>

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 8:26pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix View Post
    What does Kevin Bacon have to do with lezzie bars?

OP, you just need to develop a litte paranoia. Remember all people aren't nice and there are some people who would like to hurt you for no reason at all. Pay attention to you surroundings and if your gut is telling you something isn't right it probably isn't.

Good example of what I mean. A friend of mine was bitching about how some lady he knew and her 12 year old daughter went into Philly for some event. When they were coming home on Patco, local train from Jersey to downtown usually pretty nice, at around 10:30 PM they were the only ones in the station and some wacko was there jerking off. He was going off about the lack of protection in the station. I said to him what the hell was that lady doing in a subway station at 10:30 at night with her daughter and noone else! If something really bad had happended there was nothing she could have done about it. He just looked at me like I was nuts for even suggesting that she had done something stupid.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 8:36pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    Everybody's forgotten about THE most effective training facility for developing super human situational awareness: prison!
    I developed it by walking on the rec yard, surrounded by about 1000 inmates with about 4 guards spaced out with 100 yards between us. And then telling one of them to shut the **** up, or get in line, or get away from the fence, or pull his pants up, or get his dick out of his hand while looking at a female.

One thing though you will know when your situational awareness is developed because your wife will bitch at you all the time in public for looking like a psycho.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:11pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix View Post
    Thread won.

Pack it up people.:XXspam:

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 7:13am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Sure. Be he might not have 'street smarts'... so how do you go about getting them if you have already missed the preferable methods of learning street smarts over time and consequences?

OP: Yes. You can learn to improve your situational awareness. There are people who can teach you these kinds of things. You can take private lessons, go to seminars, take classes...
    Yes, my instructor runs a 10 week SD course with a structured syllabus. The first part is 1 hour in a classroom while he talks through various scenarios. The principal element to impart is Awareness/Aviodance leading to things the student can do to reduce their risk. The usual topics are covered, travelling to and from work, changing routes, false wallets/purses and more.

The second part is simple techniques learned in the gym. Your writer is usually the uke. Ouch.

'Nuff said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2009 2:55am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Move to Watts.

Let nature take it's course.

My SA developed into downright "spooky psychic territory" from living among a bunch of fucking desperate, drugged out, predatory animal pieces of ****.

Now I can tell who you are, what drugs you're taking, when the last time you took them was, and even what you're thinking about to some degree just from your body language, and the look in your eyes.

And no, I can't help you out with a dollar or a cigarette...
    Did you move to that place, or was you born there?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2009 8:41pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've tried this to keep myself out of trouble, but I can't always keep up "code yellow." I'm primarily self taught, and I want to know how the professionals do it. I haven't gotten any serious answers here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast