Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 1:52am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have the coolest fight team:

Today we had a few foreign students try out some classes today. At the beginning of my class my fight team comes down stairs and starts to point at this new guy in the class. When I asked what was going on the guys tell me how he commented that he didn't think the guys, who were sparring in the upstairs room were that good and that he was better.

It was about this time I found that this guys barely spoke English and that he was from Hungary. He came to town to learn English. So I asked him what he said and I believed that there was a loss in communication. The fighters wanted him to go upstairs and back his mouth up. I told him he should go up to clear things up.

A few minutes later I see the rest of the fight team go up. Apparently this guy wanted to spar the fighters. I go up there and he's paired up with one guy (he posts here as Captain Morgan). I was worried as the Hungarian had about 40lbs on him. Apparently I had nothing to worry about as the Captain handled the situation very nicely evading everything the kid could throw and retaliating good counter techniques.

I say my team is cool because they didn't outright beat the guy down. They worked with him and proved their point "be careful what you say when going to somebody else's gym. He came back down. I suspected he realized he wasn't quite ready for the team yet. In the end he seemed like a nice guy. Just young.

Sociocidal sociocider

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:20am

Style: Currently a SAMBO newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You think he'll be back?
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:39am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good humility excercise. reminds me of my first day--I had 120 pound guys (I'm 180) getting me on traingles and then repeatedly punching im in the face. My second day I had one 120 pounder ground and pound me as I curled my bulky, selfless, flabby body into a ball. And this was going on as my instructure's stereo system blasted Linkin Park. good times.

The beating basically reminded me that I knew nothing about fighting. It killed my ego and has made me into a better fighter.

Humility is the best attitude in MA training. You're team did a great favor for the Hungarian lad. Hopefully he'll take it as an ego-killing drill then an insult.

God bless,
    youngfolk

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think so. My guys didn't beat the crap out of them they just wanted to bring him and show them that maybe he should be a bit more humble.

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Humility is you're best freind when sparring. Weather having to tap or getting punched in the face. It is you're best freind...From The Wise Book of Youngfolk

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess when I post something the thread just stops? *Walks to corner and gets on knees in shame and dishonour in order to follow the rules of The Wise Book of Youngfolk

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 3:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    In the end he seemed like a nice guy. Just young.
    This supports my general observations- That young people are stupid. I know this because I was a young person once.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 3:18am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by youngfolk11 View Post
    I guess when I post something the thread just stops? *Walks to corner and gets on knees in shame and dishonour in order to follow the rules of The Wise Book of Youngfolk
    You realize it's 1am in the morning where I am right?

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 3:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realize it's 1am in the morning where I am right?
    *prepares cup of tea for Seppuku ritual as commanded in The Wise Book of Youngfolk*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 11:07am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today we had ...

I say my team is cool because they didn't outright beat the guy down. They worked with him and proved their point "be careful what you say when going to somebody else's gym. He came back down. I suspected he realized he wasn't quite ready for the team yet. In the end he seemed like a nice guy. Just young.
    Your team is cool. Props to them for keeping their own egos in check. I had (and have seen) a much harsher introduction to sparring. The boy from Hungary was fortunate. If he sticks with it, maybe he'll come to understand that.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast