Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 4:53pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBG-ape View Post
    Captain Jack is certainly a badass, but I have to say something about: "arguably the UK's Badass of All Time".

The arguably makes that comment reasonable, Jack Churchill would certainly be in the running, but greatest English badass would have to go to William Marshal. That man did so many badass things that he'd probably need 2 months to do him justice.
    Clive of India easily beats both.

He was sent to India at the age of 18 and ended up owning the place. He was the man responsible for the Britain getting an empire and providing us with sufficient wealth to start the industrial revolution.

But the most badass story:

Clive was involved in a card game and spotted one of the other players cheating. A duel ensued - Clive fired first but missed - his opponent put a gun to Clive's head and said "Withdraw or I fire", Clive's response: "Fire and be damned, I say you cheated and say so still. I'll never pay you". His opponent was so stunned by this response he dropped his gun and walked away.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 5:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its badass that he missed, after shooting someone over a card game?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 7:12pm

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigypooh View Post

He was sent to India at the age of 18 and ended up owning the place. He was the man responsible for the Britain getting an empire and providing us with sufficient wealth to start the industrial revolution.
    Really? France had more natural resources so the industrial revolution should've started there. But it didn't because the state had too many industrial policies etc.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 8:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's some good badassery, there. Some other military bad asses that come to mind are Sgt York, Audie Murphy and Andrew Jackson (who was one crazy-ass mofo).
    Then there's Shaka Zulu, G. Khan and whoever freed Lebell's town from the Germans in the 1940's.

Good write up on Mad Jack, Phrost. I wonder what those Germans thought when they saw some guy with pipes and a Claymore coming at them?
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    andrew jackson was hardcore bad ass for sure

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 1:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Its badass that he missed, after shooting someone over a card game?
    No - it's badass that he refused to back down on his principles even with a gun to his head.

You see with most people if they spot someone stealing money from them by cheating in a card game will refuse to pay. Most people will pay up, however, once there's a gun pointed at their head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dagon View Post
    Really? France had more natural resources so the industrial revolution should've started there. But it didn't because the state had too many industrial policies etc.
    More natural resources than India?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 4:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    Then there's Shaka Zulu, G. Khan and whoever freed Lebell's town from the Germans in the 1940's.
    My town wasn't freed by any allies.
    It was still under control of the wehrmacht until the official capitulation.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic View Post
    One of his anecdotes involved a Claymore. Either he is the only person to have a confirmed kill in WWII with a Claymore or he took that one nazi officer hostage with a Claymore. I forget which.
    I'm not sure which Claymore would be more badass: The sword, the decommissioned WWI destroyer, or the antipersonnel mine which hadn't been invented yet.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 6:47am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigypooh View Post

But the most badass story:

Clive was involved in a card game and spotted one of the other players cheating. A duel ensued - Clive fired first but missed - his opponent put a gun to Clive's head and said "Withdraw or I fire", Clive's response: "Fire and be damned, I say you cheated and say so still. I'll never pay you". His opponent was so stunned by this response he dropped his gun and walked away.
    Clive was generally badass more in the Alexander the Great line though.

He held Arcot with three hundred men against ten thousand, having taken it in a howling storm.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arcot

He won at Plassey with Machiavellian scheming; facing fifty thousand men with only three thousand, he bribed some of the disgruntled subordinates of his opponent's forces, who were convinced not to participate in the battle. Still greatly outnumbered, he carried the day largely thanks to better disciplined artillery.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Plassey

Clive was a conniving bastard, but he was also a fantastically ballsy and competent general.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast