Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 9:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 45th Dan Grandmaster in Piratejitsu, its kinda like JJJ except for its less McDojoy

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 11:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberH View Post
    Jigoro Kano the founder of Judo was the first to use kyu and dan ranks in the martial arts. He never had a rank in judo whilst he was alive, that would be stupid he invented it. His 12th dan was awarded to him after he died as an honoury figure head grade.

If a person invests their own style they should go without rank and only refer to ranks obtained in obtained in other styles plus compeitive achievements so as to market their style. You can then rank your students anyway that you wish. The value of the rank is then dependent upon your skill as an instructor and the effectiveness of your style.
    I take back everything I said and will refer to this post as gospel forthwith.

BomberH wins.

PS. Incidentally, I now retroactively realize this is what Omega was trying to say and I only partially understood.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 11:21pm

Style: mental illness recovery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

lol

I just nearly had a heart attack laughing so much at that hiv guy! HAHAHA
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456