Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Vac...Night-20-21217

Damnit they don't even mention Rory! He is listed on the bottom though.

The guy he is fighting has been on a hot streak, also having a belt with KOTC. It's a fight that could have happened in that org, but they both got into the UFC instead. Guyman has a well rounded list of victories, so it should be an awesome battle. Guyman is 36 while Rory is only 20! He still looks like a kid in his sherdog pic!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 1:25pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the cut of his jib. I'd like to see some fight video before we see his UFC work though. Seems like a very nice guy in the interviews.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very cool..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 8:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also a note: he is currently in Montreal training with GSP for his upcoming fight. This is his second time going to montreal to train with that camp.

I haven't been able to find any of his fights online. KOTC is picky about that stuff.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know the guy, and he seemed very composed and talented when I watched him fight, but KOTC is filled with chumps, and the guy he fought at Island Pride was...it wasn't even a fight. Not saying he's a chump, but this is a HUGE step up in competition, we'll have to see how he handles it, not having faced any really good competition before. This is jumping from the D league to the A league.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 2:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kind of agree with you, but the last guy he fought was definitely not a chump. Rory said that was a real battle.

This will be his chance to step up into a higher calibre though.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 8:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    KOTC is filled with chumps, and the guy he fought at Island Pride was...it wasn't even a fight.
    Heh, I trained submission grappling with that guy for a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 9:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KOTC is really a grass roots amatuer promotion. I've seen so many terrible fighters get put into that org. However their shows are usually entertaining, and I have seen some great fighters in there that have gone on to better things.

There has to be an entry level promotion where guys can start their career without having their first fight against seasoned veterans. I can't really blame them if they can't fill every card with well rounded and talented competition. The sport is still growing in Canada.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 1:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: I've mostly done aikido b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok good for him i guess but realu its just an org for sport fighters not real fighters

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HZ
    I kind of agree with you, but the last guy he fought was definitely not a chump. Rory said that was a real battle.
    Yeah, Hinchliffe is not a chump, he's good, just not quite good enough for the A leagues yet. What I mean is, it's gonna be different now.

However their shows are usually entertaining, and I have seen some great fighters in there that have gone on to better things.

There has to be an entry level promotion where guys can start their career without having their first fight against seasoned veterans. I can't really blame them if they can't fill every card with well rounded and talented competition. The sport is still growing in Canada.
    Yes and no. They don't even attempt to varify that the guys know what they're doing AT ALL. AT...FUCKING...ALL. They could make people do amatuer fights first...they don't. They could have tryouts...they don't. They could avoid filling cards with guys from schools that plainly suck balls. They don't.

Not really knocking them, cause they're better run than many promos, but I've seen more talent and entertaining fights at the amatuer events I judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ
    Heh, I trained submission grappling with that guy for a few months.
    ...I thought you might've...to be fair, he took the fight on a week's notice or something, however, his record is 5-9 with most of those fights in KOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by COCKSUCKER
    ok good for him i guess but realu its just an org for sport fighters not real fighters
    I would blow 20 homeless guys with bloody dicks in an alley just so I could rape you to give you AIDS.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast