Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 4:41am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I assume "military style" Taekwondo is the same as "traditional" Taekwondo. Students of both styles suck just as hard as anyone else in Taekwondo, they just don't compete.
    I remember years ago a friend of mine who practised Rhee Taekwondo, a ubiquitous non-contact belt factory in Australia, said his dojang defected to another style calling itself Oh Do Kwan Taekwondo, which he claimed was the style practised by the Korean military.

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Do_Kwan

General Choi Hong Hi founded the Oh Do Kwan along with Nam Tae Hi and Han Cha Kyo in the mid-1950s as part of the Republic of Korea Army's Physical Training Program.

Today the Oh Do Kwan still exist in Korea for over three decades as a social friendship club and has an annual celebration every year in Seoul. Oh Do Kwan was dissolved as a martial art system in the mid-1970's.
    It would seem that the Australian Oh Do Kwan group are therefore not the same, but some of them could be saying they're style is the one used by the Korean army.

All theory of course, but it could explain ArseHammer's little military delusion. Of course if could just be that their chief instructor is a clerk in the army reserve, who knows?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 4:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post

All theory of course, but it could explain ArseHammer's little military delusion. Of course if could just be that their chief instructor is a clerk in the army reserve, who knows?
    I think they have to call them.... MASTER CHIEF.
    [/nerdmode]
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021