Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 5:22pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of martial arts suck for fighting. They suck as martial arts, no matter how useful they may be as gymnastics routines, cardio workouts, or orientophilic line dances. Since BS.net clearly and explicitly values combative effectiveness of martial arts, you should infer from the context that this is probably what we mean.

For instance, a martial art that pretends to practice full-contact sparring but does not result in anyone getting hit clearly sucks qua martial art, since it seems nobody is taught to punch people properly.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 5:25pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can make any martial art suck.

Pay me not to study yours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 5:26pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer193 View Post
    I've titled this threat to get your attention.
    No martial art sucks, yes I said it...no martial art sucks, only instructors of martial arts CAN suck.
    No system is better than any other system, they just have different motivations. I am a taekwondo Instructor. We describe it as the 'Military style' not for any gung-ho reasons but to differentiate it from ITF and WTF styles which have different motivations to us. We teach self-defense first and foremost with an emphasis on powerful technique. We rarely kick above chest height and have a huge amount of hand techniques. WE DO NOT COMPETE as our belief is that it corrupts the teaching of 'SELF DEFENCE' I can kick as high as any competing Taekwondo practitioner but in a self defense situation it is not safe to do so. We teach many joint locks some ground work ( but teach to avoid going to ground ) Sparring is done at full contact but no-one is ever hit because we are taught how to BLOCK correctly, which is the main difference between our Taekwondo school and the competition styles. When where how and why we use the techniques we learn is emphasised once we reach black belt. Colour belts learn the basic techniques and backbelts learn how to use them. I read some of the posts about why people left TKD training and not one reason was because of TKD as a martial art but because of the Instructor. If your Instructor is un enlightened how can his students be. I'll say it again, It's not the martial art that sucks only the Instructor.
    Tee-hee he said "WTF style" :laughing7

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 6:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god this place is changing... its becoming kinder and more gentle.... I am going to regret ever sayiing this as a cyber record could be well.... longer than a recording...

Kung Fools where are you? I take it back, you win our gong sau please come back man.

For you noobs KungFools is on record as holding the opinion that a Systema instructir who was stabbed to death deserved it for studying such rubbish... And he posted such quite a few times to remind anyone who might have wanted to forget.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 6:27pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Oh my god this place is changing... its becoming kinder and more gentle.... I am going to regret ever sayiing this as a cyber record could be well.... longer than a recording...

Kung Fools where are you? I take it back, you win our gong sau please come back man.

For you noobs KungFools is on record as holding the opinion that a Systema instructir who was stabbed to death deserved it for studying such rubbish... And he posted such quite a few times to remind anyone who might have wanted to forget.
    Can't you read. The op's blocking is so good he never gets hit. That's crazy ass Machida ****. I'm scared.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 7:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    Can't you read. The op's blocking is so good he never gets hit. That's crazy ass Machida ****. I'm scared.
    My blocking also is that good I just use my head nuts and floating ribs to block blows.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 8:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    My blocking also is that good I just use my head nuts and floating ribs to block blows.
    Heh heh.

"You think I look bad, you should see the other guy's knuckles!"

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 8:43pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hammer193, where is your gym? I have trouble believing that you spar full contact with out anyone being hit. Are you just sparring like you are in molasses, then?

And 'military style'? Seriously? You can't just say that! It's like me saying, 'I don't poop IPF, I poop military style! I poop to make it a weapon!'

Are you even qualified to teach ground based techniques??
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:03pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hammer193's momma sucks. Just ask all of their neighbors.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:05pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Hammer193, where is your gym? I have trouble believing that you spar full contact with out anyone being hit. Are you just sparring like you are in molasses, then?
    Thai chi style sparing? Ha ha.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast