Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 1:01pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out View Post
    Personally *I* are really not that affected by terrorism. That doesn't mean a wide lot of politicians (the big ones and the small ones too), intelectuals, journalists, college teachers (yes, not kidding), writers, judges, attorneys, and not to mention milatayr and police staff are threatened everyday. Some have to walk with private guard, others look everyday under their cars to look for bombs, others have to walk with an eye on the back just in case they are kidnapped or shot in the back of the head... maybe we're not getting bombed everyday, but that doesn't mean terrorism is a joke here.
    Lightsout this was exactly the point I was trying to make.
    You're not getting bombed every day but the real time threat is still there, and it effects how people live day to day. Some more than others.

NorthAmerica hasn't been exposed to that at all. The 9/11 attack saw people on the other side of the country getting diagnosed with PTSD, people who have never even BEEN to NYC or had relitives recieve so much as a scratch.

When terrorisim starts hitting home more frequently it's going to be a **** sandwhich.

As I said one way is to have people on the ground 'over there' intercepting this stuff. I'm not talking about the chicken **** stuff, joe blow farmer getting pissed someones in his backyard or some dude geting paid $1000 to plant a bomb in a ditch- there is a lot of **** going on that doesn't make the news. I'm not one to fear monger but when you physically find blueprints for high value places back home like shopping malls, water filtration plans OR you find a white board with the names and addresses of soldier's families and other western people it's an eye opener.

The real scarry **** is the stuff that isn't mentioned on the news.

But I want to tell you, GuiltySpark, this.

I have much respect for people who decide to join the military or any other armed corps, such as the police or whatever. specially if they are depolyed in such places as Iraq, Afgahnistan, Liberia, etc.

I do not partake in the non-explicit sentiment here on bullshido that someone in the military has a higher moral stand or better insight on geopolitics, but I do respect them for the risks they take.
    I don't think anyone is or has put down members of the military etc.. here. Now and then you get a few posts from trolls but it's a non-issue really.

I agree 100%, being in the military and deployed overseas doesn't give you some great insight on politics or world evens. Often you'll see soldiers talking **** about this and that because they've been there. Over all politically it's nothing someone who reads a news paper won't pick up on.

They get insight about more local things. An Afghan's or Iraqui's actual feelings/opinions, not something censored through the media. Being there lets someone cut through the media bullshit and get an actual idea on what's going on day to day.

But what really irks me, is I feel some of you have been thrown into a hell not to protect your families, your country or your values, but for the economic interests of a minority in your own country.

I feel you have been deceited to some degree.
    Yup. Like the whole WMD bullshit. Terrorisim 101. Scare a population into reacting a specific way to a threat, real or imagined.

I think we went to Iraq for false bullshit reasons and would like to see us pulled out. Even Afghanistan I don't see us improving much for the locals, they don't seem to give a **** either way.

But I also firmly believe if left to their (Alquaida, Taliban & friends) own, unmonitored and unopposed -their activities will start creeping across the pond to us.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 3:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    I don't think anyone is or has put down members of the military etc.. here. Now and then you get a few posts from trolls but it's a non-issue really.
    You missunderstood me, it's the other way around, they are really valued here, sometimes to the point ot nutriding, so to speak.

Not that I'm complaining, it doesn't bother me. I just don't think the opinion of someone in the military on certain topics must be taken as word of God just because they are in the military. That's all.

But I also firmly believe if left to their (Alquaida, Taliban & friends) own, unmonitored and unopposed -their activities will start creeping across the pond to us.
    On this, I agree with you, you just don't star something to leave it unfinished. We, the western countries that meddled in those places have a responsability now, like it or not.

We can discuss action courses, but just bailing out and leaving those countries in the hands of the extremists is not a viable option, even if we only take on account our own benefit.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We can discuss action courses, but just bailing out and leaving those countries in the hands of the extremists is not a viable option, even if we only take on account our own benefit.
    Don't worry. American allies have it well in hand:

http://www.rawa.org/events/dec10-07_e.htm
    http://www.rawa.org/events/march8-07_e.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badr_Organization
    http://civilliberty.about.com/b/2006...for-murder.htm
    http://www.hrw.org/en/node/85049/section/2

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NorthAmerica hasn't been exposed to that at all. The 9/11 attack saw people on the other side of the country getting diagnosed with PTSD, people who have never even BEEN to NYC or had relitives recieve so much as a scratch.
    By the way, that blows my mind. I cannot comprehend. I grew up in NYC, saw the footage in the morning when I was at college in Ithaca, NY, and I kind of shrugged and thought it was pretty wild. I never felt emotionally affected by those events. I just can't comprehend someone PTSDing from that across the country.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    people that just really need to die
    I thought about how amusing/challenging it would be to try and convince a bunch of young idealistic college students from comfortable backgrounds "resolved: some people just really need to die" when I read this sentence.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 7:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Hedge,
    here's an awesome quote.

We believe that if these troops leave Afghanistan, our people will not feel any kind of vacuum but rather will become more free and come out of their current puzzlement and doubts. In such a situation, they will face the Taliban and Northern Alliance without their “national” mask, and rise to fight with these terrorist enemies.
    If you believe that then let me tell you about this Aikido grandmaster who's going to win the next UFC.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you know what's best for Afghan women more than the women themselves?

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you ever spoken with an Afghan woman living in Afghanistan, Hedge?

If you HAVE it's because a NATO soldier was someplace close by making sure the Taliban weren't bashing her head in with a rock for speaking while in public, or in all honesty commiting the sin of making noise.

Seems their based in Kabul. Some US tours and even wrote a book. i wonder what their doing about the young women in schools (learning to read?) who have acid thrown on their heads to "test" if their wearing a burka or not.

Doesn't take a psychic to guess what would happen to this womans group if the Taliban took back over.
    I've worked with some of these kinda NGO 'who needs the military anyways?!' types. As have a lot of other members here.
    You're dog **** on the bottom of their shoe, until they need someone to protect them from assassin's and kidnappers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 3:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spark's patronizing attitude is typical of soldiers who must convince themselves of their own importance.

Get as huffy as you want, sweetie. You're still not protecting women's rights as long as you're propping up Qarzai and his Northern Alliance misogynists.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast