228885 Bullies, 4866 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 111
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Vorpal is offline
    Vorpal's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,078

    Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GS, you're still over there? You have to get with my program. I went to Afghanistan but I only stayed about 45 minutes. Be careful brother.
  2. searcher66071 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    611

    Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:20pm


     Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    That's an excellent point.
    If we leave, they won't stop. If we stay, they won't stop.
    So honestly what to do?


    The answer to this question is staring several Sailors and Airmen in the face on a daily basis. Tactical Nuclear Weapons.

    I have been for this from the start. If you want to beat a terrorist, you need to think like one. IMO, it is time to bring our soldiers home and make a big ass hole in the ground that is currently calling itself, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan. Yes, there will be a bit of collateral damage. But it seems to me like terrorists don't care about it, so why should I?

    I know my opinion is not very popular with about everyone, but at this point I don't care. I am just tired of us not having the sack to do what is needed. Flame away hippies.
  3. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,815

    Posted On:
    10/16/2009 10:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    The answer to this question is staring several Sailors and Airmen in the face on a daily basis. Tactical Nuclear Weapons.

    I have been for this from the start. If you want to beat a terrorist, you need to think like one. IMO, it is time to bring our soldiers home and make a big ass hole in the ground that is currently calling itself, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan. Yes, there will be a bit of collateral damage. But it seems to me like terrorists don't care about it, so why should I?

    I know my opinion is not very popular with about everyone, but at this point I don't care. I am just tired of us not having the sack to do what is needed. Flame away hippies.
    Yeah, if we deployed nuclear weapons in three countries, ALL OUR PROBLEMS WOULD GO AWAY. :needpics:
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  4. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    10/16/2009 11:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    If we leave, they won't stop. If we stay, they won't stop.
    i really don't believe that. i think the main cause of attacks on the west are due to our interactions with them. this couldn't be avoided because it's obviously in our best interest to be meddling over there.

    i also don't see terrorists as a great threat to our societies. at least not on the scale of something like obesity, cigarettes or road fatalities.

    i don't have a problem with you fighting over there though. my cousin has had a few trips to iraq and afghanistan with the australian army.

    any grievances i have are directed at governments.
  5. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,975

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 12:17am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few years ago there was a terrorist group who for whatever reason couldn't bomb a US warship in which they planned to.
    So instead they attacked a french oil tanker (if memory serves me right).
    Not every terrorist & "terrorist" group are part of some massive United Coalition of Brown People. Some groups may be frustrated people with no real rhyme or reason to their actions anymore, but others are serious political factions that just happen to be opposed to our government's actions for legitimate reasons.

    Our government screws its own citizens the majority of the time, I don't know why people can't imagine that maybe, just maybe, our government could quite possibly not be dealing honestly with people abroad who don't even vote for them and stirring up hatred for us.

    The whole, "Fight 'em over there so we don't have to fight 'em over here!" is a crock of **** too. If that's what people need to feel like they're actually making a difference and not just risking their lives so the buddies of our politicians and their lobbyists can rake in huge profits, whatever. All we're doing to sowing the seeds for future acts of terrorism on U.S. soil. Terrorism is a tactic, not a solid entity you can go to war with. It makes about as much sense as the "War on Drugs".

    Anyways, there's a lot of military posters on this site whose posts I enjoy reading, present and former instructors who are in Iraq/Afghanistan, etc. and I hope you guys stay safe, but no, I don't think you're accomplishing anything positive and all I can really say is, "Well, you didn't make the policy..."

    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071
    I have been for this from the start. If you want to beat a terrorist, you need to think like one. IMO, it is time to bring our soldiers home and make a big ass hole in the ground that is currently calling itself, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan. Yes, there will be a bit of collateral damage. But it seems to me like terrorists don't care about it, so why should I?

    I know my opinion is not very popular with about everyone, but at this point I don't care. I am just tired of us not having the sack to do what is needed. Flame away hippies.
    No, your opinion is popular with lots of people (specifically rednecks).

    Well, what would you like me to say? Your point of view is short-sighted and ignorant? You're coming across like a parody of your own POV, so exactly what type of response do you expect?

    It's funny how there was never any terrorism in Iraq and it was never a threat to the U.S., but now that we've completely fucked up that country beyond repair and destabilized the region worse than it ever was, we're justified to nuke it because it's the easiest solution? Bombing Iran when we haven't even attempted diplomatic relations with them since 1979 would be a major case of "But we've tried nuthin' and we're all outta ideas!" Good call!

    Your ignorant arrogance disgusts me and I'm ashamed our school system could churn out people like you. There are thousands of years of rich culture in those regions that you can't even begin to appreciate because you've grown up on McCulture that didn't start until 1940. I know, that probably makes me a liberal for even valuing something that you can't put rims on. It's okay, just label me a liberal and ignore me.
  6. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 12:20am

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    What happens if tomorrow NATO says you know what dudes, **** it.
    Won't happen. NATO is by its nature devoted to not knowing when to give up.


    And we withdraw completely from Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Afghanistan-Well, you still wouldn't have completely withdrawn. After all, you did arm and finance the Northern Alliance who later became the Qarzai government. You've set up an entrenched, undemocratic, fundamentalist regime there which is not much different from the Taliban. With the Amerikan military gone (but not their lackeys), the Taliban and Qarzai forces would fight it out, with the Afghan masses themselves as a third force. Theirs would be a slim chance, but with you dickheads gone, a possible one. Right now, with you backing the Qarzai regime, they have none, nor would your planes be bombing villages I mean terrorist hideouts.

    Iraq-Your government there is much weaker, if no less brutal (lol Badr Brigades). The probable outcome? Well, think back to your last big Asian land war quagmire. Yeah, the taking of Saigon.

    We pull back our observers from Africa and the Balklands.
    Why don't you pull out some of your oil companies while you're at it?

    If North Korea and Iran start testing nukes and we say 'hey nice job on the rocket! carry on!'.
    Why don't you dismantle your own nuclear stockpile, which dwarfs the rest of the world combined, before you start telling other regimes not to make any? Or stop sending billions of dollars of aid yearly to a racist, imperialist state that maintains a wink-wink-nudge-nudge nuclear policy that fools absolutely noone?

    What do you see happening?
    You realizing once and for all that you are not the good guys.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
  7. DepGW is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 12:50am


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey GS, if you read this, don't worry about what everyone else is saying. I joined the AF in 1994, and it has been one of the best things that I have done. I served six months in Bagdad, which isn't much, when the Army guys are doing 12 or more months. However, I liked it over there, and can't wait to go back.

    We all have our reason for going, and yours isn't any better or worse than the next guy's reason for wanting to serve.

    And if anyone wants to tell you your a war monger, or sicko because you want to go "over there", tell them that you don't get mad because the cop wants to enforce the law, or the burger flipper wants flip burgers, or if the soldier wants to fight, because that's what hes been trained to.

    Go for it, and keep your faith strong.
  8. 13ringinheat is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    213

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 1:03am


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DepGW View Post
    Hey GS, if you read this, don't worry about what everyone else is saying.
    Yes sir dont let a small thing like facts or history get in the way of drinking the government koolaid.

    Quote Originally Posted by DepGW View Post
    And if anyone wants to tell you your a war monger, or sicko because you want to go "over there", tell them that you don't get mad because the cop wants to enforce the law, or the burger flipper wants flip burgers, or if the soldier wants to fight, because that's what hes been trained to.

    Go for it, and keep your faith strong.
    Its one thing to say you are following orders and cant help the situation. Its another to come up with a picture of your daughter and a totally ignorant and false justification on what you are doing.

    Cute kid by the way :)
  9. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 2:55am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    You realizing once and for all that you are not the good guys.
    i don't see any good or bad guys. i see people doing what they've always done throughout history to look after their own interests.
  10. Cullion is offline
    Cullion's Avatar

    Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526

    Posted On:
    10/17/2009 6:30am

    supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like the way any of this started, and in old threads I'm one of the people saying 'invading iraq is a bad idea' fairly consistently.

    My concern now is

    a) What seems to be happening in Pakistan. I've never been there, I'm just looking at news reports of Taliban insurgency there, some of it very close to the capital. Pakistan has nuclear weapons already. The idea of Pakistan having some kind of Taliban coup bothers me. I think we need to try and control what happens here, with force when necessary. This is too serious.

    b) There doesn't seem to be a really clear plan for why we're in Afghanistan and what we're supposed to try and achieve. If we're looking for a reason and a focus I refer back to concern a). And I think we're going to have to accept that it's going to cost more than we're currently spending on it. And I think we should try and get more countries to help.

    There are lots of crazy people in the region. The Taliban seem amongst the craziest and very, very dedicated. When I read reports of them beating the **** out of women for trying to learn how to read in Afghanistan I think 'fucking barbarians' but when I read about them assaulting police stations in numbers in Pakistan, I take a little gulp and hope that our intelligence agencies really are totally on top of this.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.