霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 8:45pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2six View Post
    Does it look anything like this?

If so, It's called a General's Uniform and you can only get one if you're a BB in Kuk Sool Won or Hanminjok Hapkido and gay.
    Fixed
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 10:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    Fixed
    Captions of disaster maybe?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 11:33pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2six View Post
    captions of disaster maybe?
    definitely!
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 7:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the black belts in the photo will wear a black dobohk when they're teaching or training. The general's uniforms are only really for testings and demonstrations.
    They're meant to represent the armour of a korean general. If it actually looks anything like an old korean general's uniform, I have no idea.

To the OP, why don't you just wear whatever you're classmates are wearing? From what you've said its not even like you're an instructor yet, just a senior student.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by herbo1 View Post
    All the black belts in the photo will wear a black dobohk when they're teaching or training. The general's uniforms are only really for testings and demonstrations.
    They're meant to represent the armour of a korean general. If it actually looks anything like an old korean general's uniform, I have no idea.

To the OP, why don't you just wear whatever you're classmates are wearing? From what you've said its not even like you're an instructor yet, just a senior student.

This is traditional military uniforms

I don't know where KSW or HRD get their idea of general's uniform.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    What do you train? Really...what do you train and where that you can where an uniform of a different style in your class and that your teacher approves of this bullshit?

Is there a Kyokushin/Enshin/Ashihara/Seidokaikan/Daido Juku Dojo near your dojang? If there is wear their gi with a big black belt, hell better, wear a red one. Than invite them to your dojang for some friendly sparring. Let a classmate tape it and post it here.

Maybe after that you stay humble enough to only wear your dobok in class.
    WOW, sum1 peed in yer weaties bro. The art i train in is a mixed art, all korean though, Our instructor is master rank in multiple korean MA's, including Hwarangdo and Hapkido, so yeah -- he is fine with me wearing that outfit because it IS part of our schools attire, i was merely looking for help outside of him to show up in the outfit as a surprise that i found it without his help, but thanks for input, i'll remember those styles you metioned and maybe look for their outfits to WEAR .

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 10:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. The General's Uniform (I used to own one) is also sometimes called a hwarang dobok. It looks ghey + Sgt Peppers.

Speaking of historical inaccuracy, you might want to dress up like Mel Gibson's rendering of William Wallace to class. Kilt. Blue face. Bolts of lightning. Knocking up the French girl.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12