Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 5:59pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I bought an AK-47 parts kit here in VA

From what I understand, legally speaking, the part that is missing is the gun itself, everything else is just parts. Otherwise they impose a background check, even if it's a private sale! That sucks, but little do they know that I know how to use machine tools, and I can even weld.

So, the other two things are that I can't use all of the parts because they're foreign. That's dumb. Also, I can't make it a fully automatic weapon. That's even dumber. I think whoever wrote these rules should be used for target practice.

Anyway, barring all of that, I'm allowed to put it together. I'm not going to serial number it, but I am going to inscribe "property of the Twitcher, keep your mits off!!!111!"

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet!
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 9:14pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like fun. Don't see too many people building AK pattern parts kits since the assembled rifle's usually cheap enough as it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 9:57pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking of getting an 80% receiver if I can find one, because I don't have a stamping press to make the whole thing.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 11:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you guys can help me out here. My father-in-law has a Norinco MAK-90 Sportster. Basically an N-co copy of the '47. Took it out shooting one day and the whole trigger assembly came apart when the pins came dislodged. Turns out the pins weren't stock and were a skoosh on the small side. I ordered an AK-47 pin, but it didn't fit. There was far too much play once I put it through the receiver and trigger/hammer assemblies.

I don't know the first damned thing about smithing, but I should be able to figure this out. I just can't seem to find anywhere that sells the trigger/hammer pins for the MAK-90.

Any ideas?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AK receivers come in "flat" and "bent." They're exceedingly simple things. Check yourself, but I believe the flat ones are, like 80% AR recievers, not actually firearms for purposes of law. But a flat AK receiver stamping is a LOT fewer steps from completion than an 80% AR receiver.

Mind you, I don't build these things. This is just what I've picked up from helping friends. I have enough money sinks for now.