--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I bought an AK-47 parts kit here in VA

From what I understand, legally speaking, the part that is missing is the gun itself, everything else is just parts. Otherwise they impose a background check, even if it's a private sale! That sucks, but little do they know that I know how to use machine tools, and I can even weld.

So, the other two things are that I can't use all of the parts because they're foreign. That's dumb. Also, I can't make it a fully automatic weapon. That's even dumber. I think whoever wrote these rules should be used for target practice.

Anyway, barring all of that, I'm allowed to put it together. I'm not going to serial number it, but I am going to inscribe "property of the Twitcher, keep your mits off!!!111!"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet!
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like fun. Don't see too many people building AK pattern parts kits since the assembled rifle's usually cheap enough as it is.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking of getting an 80% receiver if I can find one, because I don't have a stamping press to make the whole thing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you guys can help me out here. My father-in-law has a Norinco MAK-90 Sportster. Basically an N-co copy of the '47. Took it out shooting one day and the whole trigger assembly came apart when the pins came dislodged. Turns out the pins weren't stock and were a skoosh on the small side. I ordered an AK-47 pin, but it didn't fit. There was far too much play once I put it through the receiver and trigger/hammer assemblies.

I don't know the first damned thing about smithing, but I should be able to figure this out. I just can't seem to find anywhere that sells the trigger/hammer pins for the MAK-90.

Any ideas?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AK receivers come in "flat" and "bent." They're exceedingly simple things. Check yourself, but I believe the flat ones are, like 80% AR recievers, not actually firearms for purposes of law. But a flat AK receiver stamping is a LOT fewer steps from completion than an 80% AR receiver.

Mind you, I don't build these things. This is just what I've picked up from helping friends. I have enough money sinks for now.