228323 Bullies, 4410 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 51
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 3:11pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Lyoto Machida On Cross Training

    YouTube - Lyoto Machida Training For UFC 98 Video by BadBoy planetamma com br visit!

    Machida on his cross training with Karate, Judo (with Satoshi Ishii), Muay Thai, Boxing and wrestling. It just shows Machida's open mind to other styles and how they have helped him greatly.

    Machida-Do, in my opinion, looks like a great striking style because it focuses on its purpose: striking--and does not focus on trying to be an "ant-grappling" art or some Ninja killing BS. :ninjafigh

    Lyoto's father (and karate trainer) is in full support for Lyoto's cross training because he is not a biased karate teacher and respects bjj MT, judo, and all the others.

    Hope you enjoy the video.
  2. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,975

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 3:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone claims some pseudo-traditionalist reason for not cross-training they need to do some reading; Shotokan historical development is chock full of cross-training.

    That being said, it seems to have stagnated to a large degree in the U.S., but things may change yet. Hopefully Machida provides them with the modern example they need.
    Last edited by maofas; 10/11/2009 3:44pm at .
  3. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:07pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exactly! Hopefully There will be a revival of karate much like how the Gracies made a revolution with JJ
  4. Zapruder is offline
    Zapruder's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Marcos, Tx
    Posts
    2,354

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good find
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.
  5. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:34pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    Good find
    thank you. always trying to make an intelligent thread. Can't wait for Machida's next fight with Rua.
  6. FriendlyFire is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    146

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:49pm


     Style: Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I see machida sparring while switching sides and leaving front arm down, same style as karate point sparring? This just seems odd because in all the fights I have seen he stays southpaw, hands up.
  7. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:52pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny you should say that. I noticed the same movements but, I disagree in all the fights I've seen him in his hands are down all the time since he focuses most on foot movement and backing up.
  8. pLackR.brizzL is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beautiful California
    Posts
    47

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 4:55pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ShotokoN/brawleR/

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by youngfolk11 View Post
    exactly! Hopefully There will be a revival of karate much like how the Gracies made a revolution with JJ
    I see it coming guy...It's getting near....I can feel it.:zicon_ram
  9. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 6:16pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pLackR.brizzL View Post
    I see it coming guy...It's getting near....I can feel it.:zicon_ram
    oh yes!

    YouTube - You're The Best Music Video

    :waoya :waoya
    Last edited by youngfolk11; 10/11/2009 6:36pm at .
  10. youngfolk11 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    98

    Posted On:
    10/11/2009 9:00pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but serously guys, what do you think of this vid.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.