225125 Bullies, 3996 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 69 of 69
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Warcrazy is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Charlestown, IN
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    10/18/2009 11:15pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    Crypto Tech, eh? Can't say I liked too many of them, the few I did meet. Anyway, is your sis still hanging around this guy? Please tell me he's not "the one" for her, right?

    :bsflag:

    She seems willing to disown the whole family for him. She has known this guy for less than three weeks and is blowing off family gatherings to be with him.
  2. Warcrazy is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Charlestown, IN
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    10/19/2009 12:21am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found a Navy Times on the net that says he was promoted to IT3 on Nov 18 2007. The crypto guys are IS not IT right. If he was first promoted to third class at the end of 2007 than he wouldn't be able to make chief by mid 2009. Would he?
  3. ronin497 is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    10/19/2009 12:34am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrazy View Post
    I just found a Navy Times on the net that says he was promoted to IT3 on Nov 18 2007. The crypto guys are IS not IT right.
    Here's the skinny.

    If he was an IT, he could have conceivably worked with cryptologic gear. It's not likely that he did as his primary job, since the networking cryptologic technicians have their own rate - CTN. He may have cross-rated since 2007 into the CTN rate, however. (For the record, IS is Intelligence Specialist, not Cryptologic Technician.)

    There is some crossover onboard ships between Cryptologic Technicians and Information Systems Technicians (IT) since they use the same antennae and will have to work together at some point.

    But as far as the Chief thing is concerned, if he made IT3 in 2007, the soonest he could make IT2 would be this year. The soonest he could make IT1 would be 2012 (possibly 2011 with command advancement). The soonest he would even make the selection board for Chief Petty Officer would by 2015, IF my math is right. Realistically, he wouldn't be selected the first few cycles. That's just how it works. He'd be looking at about 2016 or 2017 at the absolute SOONEST for putting on E-7.

    If he's lying about what rank he is and how long he'd been in (he IS lying about that...If he was only an E-4 (IT3) in 2007 and had been in eight years THIS year, he would have been High Year Tenured out because of an initiative called Perform to Serve), then it wouldn't bother him in the least to lie about other stuff. He's co-opting other things he's heard about, and knows just enough to fool people unfamiliar with the Navy.

    This former tin-can skimmer puke isn't buying it for a second. He is blowing smoke, and he's going to take your family along for the ride. Put a stop to his **** NOW. Your sister will hate you in the short term for taking the wind out her man's sails, but would you rather see her spend years in a relationship with someone who is willing to misrepresent himself?

    What else is he going to pull? I think you have a good enough idea, and I think you know what you have to do.

    Get ahold of the POW network. Fill them in on the situation. Get incontravertable proof of who he is and confront his ass.
  4. Warcrazy is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Charlestown, IN
    Posts
    73

    Posted On:
    10/19/2009 12:38am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Ronin you have been a great help.
  5. ronin497 is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    10/19/2009 12:57am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrazy View Post
    Thanks Ronin you have been a great help.
    My pleasure. Be delicate with the sis, though. Guys like this have a way of getting their hooks into women. They find a girl with really caring and trusting qualities and tell them exactly what they want to hear over and over again until the girlfriend remains utterly and inseperably convinced of the fraud no matter what evidence to the contrary is presented.

    He's a sociopath, make no mistake. He's got so much of his own ego wrapped up in his "ideal" version of himself - but it's never enough. He has to have other people believe it - and that's why he's targeted your sister.

    Just ask him point-blank to prove he is who he says he is.

    And if you haven't hit up BlacksmithSEAL for his two cents on this issue, I'd highly recommend you do so. He's seen this situation so many times he wrote a book about it.
  6. AMF is offline
    AMF's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770

    Posted On:
    10/22/2009 9:36am


     Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    Here's the skinny.

    If he was an IT, he could have conceivably worked with cryptologic gear. It's not likely that he did as his primary job, since the networking cryptologic technicians have their own rate - CTN. He may have cross-rated since 2007 into the CTN rate, however. (For the record, IS is Intelligence Specialist, not Cryptologic Technician.)

    There is some crossover onboard ships between Cryptologic Technicians and Information Systems Technicians (IT) since they use the same antennae and will have to work together at some point.

    But as far as the Chief thing is concerned, if he made IT3 in 2007, the soonest he could make IT2 would be this year. The soonest he could make IT1 would be 2012 (possibly 2011 with command advancement). The soonest he would even make the selection board for Chief Petty Officer would by 2015, IF my math is right. Realistically, he wouldn't be selected the first few cycles. That's just how it works. He'd be looking at about 2016 or 2017 at the absolute SOONEST for putting on E-7.

    If he's lying about what rank he is and how long he'd been in (he IS lying about that...If he was only an E-4 (IT3) in 2007 and had been in eight years THIS year, he would have been High Year Tenured out because of an initiative called Perform to Serve), then it wouldn't bother him in the least to lie about other stuff. He's co-opting other things he's heard about, and knows just enough to fool people unfamiliar with the Navy.

    This former tin-can skimmer puke isn't buying it for a second. He is blowing smoke, and he's going to take your family along for the ride. Put a stop to his **** NOW. Your sister will hate you in the short term for taking the wind out her man's sails, but would you rather see her spend years in a relationship with someone who is willing to misrepresent himself?

    What else is he going to pull? I think you have a good enough idea, and I think you know what you have to do.

    Get ahold of the POW network. Fill them in on the situation. Get incontravertable proof of who he is and confront his ass.

    As a current active duty Chief Petty Officer on deployment, I can say that ronins' math is absolutely correct.

    The earliest I have seen folks pick it up is at 7 years minimum. We had a blast with those guys during their selection season - don't ask, just don't.

    This guy is full o' ****.

    On another note about the whole SWCC thing:

    There are no more 'source rates' for the SEAL/SWCC communities any more, they are their own rate now; SEAL = SO (Special Operations), SWCC = SB (Special Warfare Boat Operator).

    So FAIL again for him.

    I really hate people like that, the general ass-baggery of folks who lie about their careers sets off my desire to conduct 'bulkhead counseling'.
  7. ronin497 is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    10/22/2009 5:22pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    There are no more 'source rates' for the SEAL/SWCC communities any more, they are their own rate now; SEAL = SO (Special Operations), SWCC = SB (Special Warfare Boat Operator)
    Ahhh...so they did go to that eventually. I got out in Jan. 2008 - I think they were still doing "source ratings" then. Still, this is another good litmus test for anyone who claims that he's a CURRENT seal. Ask him what his rate is. (Odds are he won't even know what that means, and he'll say something like SNIPER.)

    Thanks for the info, Chief. Fair winds.

    EW1
  8. AMF is offline
    AMF's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770

    Posted On:
    10/23/2009 1:03am


     Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries, one thing though....

    On this website I go by my bully handle, AMF, so treat me like everyone else okay?
  9. ronin497 is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:45am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    No worries, one thing though....

    On this website I go by my bully handle, AMF, so treat me like everyone else okay?
    Done.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.