Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 5:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fake Seal?

What are some good questions to ask if you want to find out if someone is full of bull or really is a SEAL? I haven't met the guy yet but I suspect he is just trying to get some ass off my sister-in-law. He has a picture of himself of Facebook wearing a SEAL bandanna witch immediately makes me suspicious. This seems inconsistent with the few SEALs I have met as they really don't advertise that much.

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 6:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See if he eats raw fish and can balance a ball on his nose.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 7:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    See if he eats raw fish and can balance a ball on his nose.
    If he can i'll send him your way. Maybe he'll get eaten by a Shark.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 8:50am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go over to socnet, follow the instructions in the 'SEAL phony check' forum, and you'll get yer answer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 11:12am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as I thought. Thank you all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 5:04pm

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In what more ways has he pretended to be a Seal?

I think that warning sigh 1A is when the fakes brags about close combat skills. Impressive, yes, but highly overrated and not that important. If seals and marines and rangers etc was really that good at close combat, the MMA circuit would be overrun by them. I'm more impressed that the seals etc can build a radio system of old walkman parts if they have to. In enemy territory. During night. After a few sleepless nights.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2009 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dagon View Post
    In what more ways has he pretended to be a Seal?

I think that warning sigh 1A is when the fakes brags about close combat skills. Impressive, yes, but highly overrated and not that important. If seals and marines and rangers etc was really that good at close combat, the MMA circuit would be overrun by them. I'm more impressed that the seals etc can build a radio system of old walkman parts if they have to. In enemy territory. During night. After a few sleepless nights.
    I haven't even met this guy yet but my sister-in-law said he has fake SEAL id's and a forged dd-214. I'm hoping I can get her to dump him before I even have to meet him. I myself am a former Marine and get pretty mad about stuff like this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 4:50am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrazy View Post
    I haven't even met this guy yet but my sister-in-law said he has fake SEAL id's and a forged dd-214. I'm hoping I can get her to dump him before I even have to meet him. I myself am a former Marine and get pretty mad about stuff like this.
    Well, I have not even done the conscription, so I'm even madder than you. ^_^

But don't have her try to out gun him by asking questions about weapons. Have her instead ask questions about technical stuff like how to improvise a satellite link with an old radio and a chrome hubcap or something.

And isn't forgery of documents a criminal offense? Report him to the police.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 6:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dagon View Post
    Well, I have not even done the conscription, so I'm even madder than you. ^_^

But don't have her try to out gun him by asking questions about weapons. Have her instead ask questions about technical stuff like how to improvise a satellite link with an old radio and a chrome hubcap or something.

And isn't forgery of documents a criminal offense? Report him to the police.
    Don't even do that much. Technical data on weapons, electronics, or equipment-related stuff can be picked up open-source. Anybody can learn it and internalize it to the degree they can fool other military members who take them at face value. They can also sound intelligent, articulate, and make you really really WANT to like them.

However, there are some details they CANNOT forge, as they can be checked.

Here's some questions to ask him that he should be able to answer NO problem.

1. What BUD/S class number was he in? (No weaseling on this one. He might try to say that he didn't have to go through BUD/S but was still a SEAL. Horseshit. No BUD/S, no trident. He also might say he was a Ranger who crossed into the SEALs. There is a very short list of people who've done this sort of thing, and I doubt this gomer's on it.)
    2. What was the name of his swim buddy?

BlacksmithSEAL can speak to this far better than I, as he lived it. Those two questions are something that no SEAL ever forgets. EVER. They can also be verified quickly and easily.

As far as the bandana goes, I've yet to find a SEAL who would wear something like that. Maybe Jesse Ventura.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast