Style: 
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 10:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I hate this video, nothing i ever do will be as awesome as that kick.
    Don't be such a negative Nancy. Obviously you're meant to learn the kick and use it in a MT match and then have videos of you circulated around on the net.

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 1:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Again, its a

YouTube - REVERSE E FOUETTE

Reverse Fouette
    That guys reverse spin of ak ick bears very little resemblance to the way the other guy did his kick imo Matt. The force on this guy's kick is the spin, similar yet more efficient movement wise than a TKD spinning kick. The other guy did not even have to spin to generate power, thats why I say it is a hooking heel kick and.... the angle it encroached on victim was totally different. With most spinning back and spinning hooks you can literally bat the guys leg away. Try doing that with a hooking heel delivered from the flank.

But yes having said that I t is obvious that stripey was a Savateur... they get to take cred for that one. LIke I am fond of saying though... lets have a special week where we forget about styles and just say things like "this is how to do a choke that is flawless." "This is a proper way to kick to the head" etc. mWe should call it style amnesty week!

I run into this a lot because doing Ju Jutsu I use a lot of chokes but people say "but in Japanese Ju Jutsu are there aa lot of chokes and neck breaks"? To which I want to say "gee I don't know!"
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

fist first Philosopher

Style: 
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 3:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a Reverse Fouette or to be exactly the first movement of the reverse Fouette. In which you get your leg high before the turning starts.

You won't see this kick in this form in competition because it would be an illegal kick.
    Savate has the "rule" that a roundhouse or a reverse roundhouse kick must come under an angle of 90° (give or take 20°). Now the judges won't be measuring the degrees of your kicks with professional angle measurment equipment. But if your kick comes up under an angle of 45° or sharper (this can be easely seen with the bare eye), it's an illegal competition kick (roundhouse/reverse roundhouse wise).

The form seen in the video of the reverse roundhouse is taught in Savate Défense as a finishing move in the combo: right cross, step right, jab left to the face and than rightleg reverse fouette straight under the chin or to the side of the jaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 6:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    It's a Reverse Fouette or to be exactly the first movement of the reverse Fouette. In which you get your leg high before the turning starts.

You won't see this kick in this form in competition because it would be an illegal kick.
    Savate has the "rule" that a roundhouse or a reverse roundhouse kick must come under an angle of 90° (give or take 20°). Now the judges won't be measuring the degrees of your kicks with professional angle measurment equipment. But if your kick comes up under an angle of 45° or sharper (this can be easely seen with the bare eye), it's an illegal competition kick (roundhouse/reverse roundhouse wise).

The form seen in the video of the reverse roundhouse is taught in Savate Défense as a finishing move in the combo: right cross, step right, jab left to the face and than rightleg reverse fouette straight under the chin or to the side of the jaw.
    Wow!

That is very interesting. The take on competition is also very psychologically revealing. One regret of mine is that I have seen so many good martial artists but all the savate players I have seen have been very medoicre at best.

Thanks for that info
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Style: 
    Submission Grappling

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 9:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to thing I was seeing everything backwards (which does happen sometimes).
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style: 
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

Posted On:
    10/13/2009 10:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's still two completely different kicks! The power generation isn't remotely the same.

They're about as much the same kick as push kick and the krotty front kick (both of which I refer to as front kick, but the trajectories and intent are completely different).

Style: 
    karate

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 4:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This. Is. Awesome. AWESOME!

love the the 1st person with his kick

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Style: 
    Submission Grappling

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 8:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    It's still two completely different kicks! The power generation isn't remotely the same.

They're about as much the same kick as push kick and the krotty front kick (both of which I refer to as front kick, but the trajectories and intent are completely different).
    OK, so if its not Reverse Fouette, which kick is it?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Style: 
    Savate, Combatives(BJJ)

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 7:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This. Is. Awesome. AWESOME!

Feel kind of bad for the guy that got kicked, but the guy that threw it didnt know if he had just lifted the dude's wallet or what, so you cant blame him.

Style: 
    Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 8:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    OK, so if its not Reverse Fouette, which kick is it?
    Like I said in the other thread, I learned it as "swing kick", but who knows what it's really called, because the other kicks those guys did had names like "California Roundhouse".

The name isn't all-important, I mean, I call 3 different kicks front kick. The point is that the mechanics/power generation/muscle groups are different. Spinning hook kick is propelled by the spin (+snap of the leg into the target at the end). This kick is propelled off the floor by a lever-action.

I can barely do a spinning hook kick (the reverse fouette in that Savate video) without falling on my ass, but I can do this kick.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234